3.0 out of 5 stars Good for the Price, 9 Oct. 2011
This review is from: Roberts Expression DAB/FM RDS Portable Radio with Built in Battery Charger (Electronics)
I originally bought this radio more as a matching accessory for our new kitchen since my husband wanted one there and wasn't too worried about the quality! It has bettered our expectations in most ways.
It has the advantage of receiving both DAB and FM reception, as well as audio input which lets me play music from my mp3 player through it. I would have preferred to be able to play this music via the player's exisitng USB cable, rather than having to buy an audio cable specially for this.
I found the setting of favourite stations for both DAB and FM very easy. I also like the different content options for the neat display screen. I only see what I want rather than the array of often irrelevant information that is displayed by some radios with larger screens.
The sound quality is fine for my husband, who has pretty good hearing. However, it is not so good for me since I am hard of hearing and have a loss of higher frequency sounds. It would have been nice to be able to adjust bass/treble balance.
All in all though, we have taken to this radio both to listen to and to look at on our new beech worktops!

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 21 Jan 2013 07:48:50 GMT
Firstly, I'd like to thank you for taking the time to write such a balanced and informative review.

Alas, I've already been given a Pure digital radio by a relative, who just couldn't get on with the unnecessarily complicated 'one button does all' design, or I'd have been tempted to rush out and purchase the Roberts on the strength of your very favourable review.

I only have a question regarding the the awarding of only three stars. I just wondered.

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Jan 2013 14:54:48 GMT
Hi Saltysoup (nice name by the way),
I really lowered the star rating because of the sound issue, i.e. lack of bass/treble adjustment. Although it is fine for our use, it would be disappointing for someone looking for quality sound, listening to music seriously.

Posted on 31 Jan 2013 18:27:52 GMT
Le Seb says:

In reply to an earlier post on 31 Jan 2013 19:09:58 GMT
Seb. I had been researching radios and noticed that some had mp3 input via a USB flash drive (Logik for one). I had assumed that I could access the music on my player from such a radio via its USB cable. Apologies if I was wrong.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›