5.0 out of 5 stars The more psychopathic the villain the more you'll love them, 5 Oct 2010
This review is from: Baccano! The Complete Collection [DVD] (DVD)
I'm actually on my second viewing of this series and I only first watched it yesterday.

Firstly I should mention there are no heroes in this, just a veriety of villians who you can't help but like (well more or less all of them). I should also add this is not for the faint of heart, if you can't stomach graphic violence stay away or better yet toughen up because you don't want to miss out on this.

Ok so the story. It's kind of hard to explain without spoiling the story but i'll do my best. It's set during the early depression and follows several groups of criminals, including thieves, gangsters and bootleggers. It mainly covers the strange events on the Flying Pussyfoot (a transcontinental train which travels across America) Oh don't let me forget to mention it is also a supernatural tale. The story is not told cronologically but jumps around different events in each episode. You will feel confused for quite some time but by the time you've watch several episode the story starts fitting into place. This is the reason I can't tell you more about the plot as it will ruin the series.

The voice acting is supurb. In fact it's the best dub I've ever watched. I love the style and the animtion. It really does have a 1930s feel to it. Oh lets not forget the musical score, obviously to fit the time period it's Jazz and suits the series unbelievably well.

Of course I do have one big problem with this series. 16 episodes is not enough, I mean they did tie everything up but I still want more (I know it's just me being greedy but if you watch it you'll understand)

Anyway purchace this series. I will be when it's released. If you need further convincing I'm sure you could find a trailer for it on youtube. Once again I apologise for not being able to say more but you'd hate me for it if you choose to watch this. I can't recomend it enough.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 5 Oct 2010 09:20:07 BDT
B says:
I'm so glad someone finally gave a review to Baccano! on Amazon, I watched it ages ago but haven't reviewed it because I just didn't think I could do it justice..seriously though this series is right up there with the likes of Cowboy Bebop - yea - THAT good!
and yes the only reason for the high age rating is the violence - which isn't to everyone's taste, but even I can appreciate how well it was used to add to the story ^_^

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Oct 2010 22:58:04 BDT
Conny says:
Hi I would love to know if this DVD box includes the japanese voices and original sound or only the snychronization.
If anyone who purchased this item could tell me, I would really appreciate it!!
Thanks in advance
C.

In reply to an earlier post on 20 Oct 2010 17:41:15 BDT
B says:
Yep, it includes English and Japanese voices.

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Nov 2010 10:43:56 GMT
Conny says:
Thanks a lot!! : )

Posted on 3 Feb 2011 13:31:19 GMT
H.T. says:
Gd review i have seen this anime and agree it is brilliant. Could you tell me if it is just a standard DVD box containing all 4 discs or does it have 2 slim DVD cases like the US release?

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Feb 2011 14:51:18 GMT
S. Allan says:
Thanks. It's a standard box containing all four disks.

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Feb 2011 16:07:45 GMT
Last edited by the author on 3 Feb 2011 16:08:53 GMT
H.T. says:
Cheers 4 the speedy reply. Plus for anyone interested, although there aren't anymore episodes of baccano there is another anime coming out that is very similar to it. It's called Durarara! (Isaac and Miria even make an appearance)
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.8 out of 5 stars (27 customer reviews)

£39.99 £21.68