5.0 out of 5 stars A must read!!, I loved it!! If you loved Nico from the first book then you will love Vinny., 17 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Worth the Chance (MMA Fighter Series Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
*I received an ARC in exchange for honest review*

When we last saw Vince ‘Vinny’ Stone in “Worth The Fight,” he was the smart-ass thirteen-year-old kid. He was in a bad place back then getting into fights at school, had a bad home life as his mother was a screw up, and could barely take care of herself let alone Vinny. Nico had taken under his wing, given him a focus, support, and as outlet for his fighting.

Well Vinny Stone is all grown up now, and what a man he has turned into he’s a top fighter a force of nature who was without a doubt a sexy, strong, confident sweet, funny, dirty talking alpha male with tattoos who loves to be in control. He loves the women and the woman love him, and yes you guessed it so did I ;)

Liv Michaels smart independent reporter, and the girl from high school whom he loved and left of seven years before, and when fate bring them back together Vinny know he going to make that mistake again. Liv loved Vinny back in high school too, and was left broken hearted when he just left. Seeing him again all her feelings come flooding back, but is more hesitant as she doesn’t want to get hurt again.

“I just can’t keep my eyes of him…which is why I need to keep far, far away from Vince Stone”

“Trust me about one thing, Liv... whatever is going on between us is going to happen. You can make it as difficult as you want, but we, Liv, are going to happen. Neither one of us can stop it.”

I love the storyline it was sexy, funny, and passionate, with some angst and drama thrown in. Told from both points of view; I loved getting inside Vinny and Liv’s heads, to get an insight into what they were thinking and feeling. I loved the flashbacks the enable us to see how they met, how their friendship and relationship developed it was really sweet.

"I want you Liv, I wanted you seven years ago, I want you even more now, I need you."

All I’d ever done is ruin things. I didn’t want to ruin you.

Liv and Vinny were great character and were great together. The chemistry and the passion that they had for each other is still there, and as a result, there are some hot steamy smoking scenes.

"All you got do is say no, Liv. But, I'm giving you fair warning...if you don't tell me no, I'm going to take you. And then you're mine to do with as I please."

The banter between these two and they made me laugh so many times. It not all smooth sailing there is a few bump in the roads, his mother, a jealous workmate, tough choices, and few misunderstanding added to their drama.

Some great secondary characters loved seeing Nico (swoon) and Elle again, and finding out what had been happening with them. Love the special relationship they have with Vinny, and the fact that they are still big support for him, and Vinny knows Nico will take any crap from him. Loved Liv’s roommate Ally she was a scream and summer well I wanted to punch her.

Overall I really love this book. Another great one from Vi Keeland, I love her writing style always engaging from the start, and the charterers she creates (hot alpha men ☺). I was a little anxious towards the end as to how it was going to play out, but it was all-good. I loved that Vi never leaves you with a cliffhanger. I liked the epilogue it was sweet, but I did want more. You know me if your going to give me one then I want it big.

I'm looking forward to the next book in the book “Worth Forgiving” which is Jax’s story. We briefly met this one, he's another sexy alpha fighter that I can't wait to meet. I have a feeling that we get more of Vinny and Liv in that one.

Worth The Chance was just what I need after the heavy, and very emotional read of my last book, and a perfect for a quick read on a Sunday afternoon. If you loved Nico, then you are going to definitely going to love Vinny. Nico has taught the boy well. ;)

5 stars

"But I want you, Liv. More. Just damn more. I’m not even sure what that means myself, yet I’m surer of it than anything I’ve ever been in my entire screwed up life.”

‘You feel it, I know you do, Kiss me, then tell me I'm wrong."

"I want to promise you I'll slow down, take things slower, but I don't want to start things off on a lie, I'm not sure I can do slow around you, Liv."

“It’s been two days and I still can’t stop thinking about Liv. She’s snuck in my head. I see her every time I close my eyes.”

“But that kiss. It was unlike anything I’ve ever felt in my life. Filled with passion and desire, it made me forget where I was. Who I was. Being near him is dangerous.”

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]