ARRAY(0xa59d8dd4)

4.0 out of 5 stars Hp 301 Colour Cartridge, Low Page Yield 9mls That's Just 3mls Per Colour. Always Use The 301XL's, 25 Nov 2011
This review is from: HP 301XL Ink Cartridge - Black (Office Product)
When HP sell you a new printer (Deskjet 3050) they only give you starter cartridges with it which hold a very small amount of ink in them Hp 301 black 3ml and the Hp 301 colour 9ml cartridge. I was using about 3 black and 2 colour cartridge per month and it was costing me a small fortune. I later found out that Hp do higher yield versions of the 301 cartridges, which cost only a few pounds more but hold far more ink in them than the starter cartridge which I was using before. What you need is a HP 301XL on the black which hold 12mls of ink rather than the 3mls of ink that is in the 301 starter black cartridge and on the colour you should be using the HP 301XL colour cartridge which holds 11ml rather than the 9 that's in the 301 starter cartridge. I can even go one better, I now use a company called advantage online who stock the Hp 301XL originals plus do a British premium compatible 301XL bk and 301XL colour cartridge which hold 18mls black and 18mls colour. I have used them a couple of times so far and have been quite impressed. I hope you don't fall into the Hp trap of selling a very good printer (Deskjet 3050) at a very cheap price and then trying to charge you load of money for starter cartridges.
Its also a pity that Hp don't do a twin value pack on the XL's

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 4 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 13 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 30 Nov 2011 14:06:06 GMT
Thank you so much for this info!! I use printing a lot being an art student and I've been struggling for months to find better value ink for my printer. I've always loathed having to pay more than the printer was worth in the first place to supply it with ink! I've ordered the 18ml cartridge off the site you recommended - I would never have found advantage-online otherwise- thank you!!

In reply to an earlier post on 1 Dec 2011 10:58:40 GMT
I totally concur with the previous reviewer (Steven). I was duped by the HP sell. I always wondered why my ink cartridges seem to run dry far sooner than those on my previous older Hp printers. I tried to locate compatibles, but it seemed HP had scuppered that corner of the market, too.

So in the end, I too, went to the recommended company (Advangtage online) and found them helpful and courteous. I received my premium compatible 301XL cartridges the very next day (post free) and yep - they are full to the brim and work like a dream. Bravo Advantage! (And thanks to Steven for a very practical and money-saving heads up. See his review).

HP = great printers, cack ink cartridges!

Posted on 25 Apr 2012 21:00:21 BDT
Just wanted to add to this for anyone else looking for the HP XL301, I followed the recommendations of the other rewiers and ordered a twin pack of the high quality compatible XL301 cartridges from Advantage Online for 29.99 free delivery. They were here the next day and they are superb! Highly recommended

Posted on 3 Aug 2012 08:14:21 BDT
Carlwbrooks says:
Cheers mate!

Posted on 21 Aug 2012 17:39:38 BDT
Jan says:
Many thanks Steve, you are a star

Posted on 14 Sep 2012 14:46:30 BDT
Maureen says:
Thank you Stephen and also thank you to Mrs Rhia for information of price and address. Cheers

Posted on 3 Dec 2012 16:06:05 GMT
Thank you for this! I couldn't figure out why my print cartridges were running out so quickly. I'm working on a thesis and I've already gone through three and haven't printed much more than 100 pages or so each time. Unbelievable! I've just ordered from the site you recommended! Yay! Thank you!!!!!

Posted on 24 Feb 2013 21:19:43 GMT
Ace says:
While Advantage Online may seem to be an attractive option, I personally was a tad disappointed in the print quality when I used their cartridges. I'm going back to using original HP cartridges but it was worth a shot.

Posted on 21 Sep 2013 16:15:23 BDT
E. H says:
I took the advice of this reviewer and bought ink cartridges from Advantage online. Don't buy from Advantage! It was a complete con! They ran out after a few days and very little printing at all.

Posted on 3 Oct 2013 06:45:48 BDT
This is a brilliant find. Thanks, Steven. I've just ordered mine from the Advantage Online site with free delivery. They accept PayPal too which is always a bonus. I'll update my comment later if it the ink hasn't worked; otherwise, thanks a lot! :)
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.2 out of 5 stars (247 customer reviews)

24.99 19.71