This review is from: Killing Floor: (Jack Reacher 1) (Paperback)
* Good simple language.
* Fast moving.
* Atmosphere of the American scene is convincing.
* The fights are pulsating. Evil being dealt with outside the `due processes', which will appeal to the hordes of people who feel that the law tips too far towards looking after the interests of transgressors.
* A novel plot.
* The man without the need for a car and who doesn't have a driving licence is straight away given the exclusive use of a Bentley by a rich woman. He bombs about in this in a hostile area, without a licence, wide open to being arrested by corrupt officials.
* As soon as he's in the door the most gorgeous, intelligent and resourceful woman waggles her tail at him and follows his every instruction without argument. This superwoman happens to be working as a junior police-officer in a small town with a small police-force and seems to have remained undiscovered by the rest of the world.
* The Police Chief (Finlay) not only accepts his help but falls into line as a subordinate and gives Reacher the run of the police HQ.