5.0 out of 5 stars A phone with personality, 29 Jun 2011
This review is from: GOOGLE NEXUS S UNLOCKED CELL PHONE (Electronics)
I've been an iphone user for the last 3 years. Back when I bought it (2008), there was no other smartphone. Couple of months ago when I wanted to go for a new phone, I had the usual iphone v android predicament. I went for Android mainly because I was tired of the iphone and wanted something new.

I was very lucky to buy the Nexus as opposed to the more popular desire or galaxy (as I now realize, in hindsight).

The reasons:

1. It's the fastest to get android updates.

2. It's doesn't try to look or behave like the iphone, as most other android devices do. It's all-black, slightly curved looks with Google written at back sets it apart from 'wannabe' others.

3. You can do stuff on this iphone that iphone users never will. Download music, save and edit office documents, attach them on emails, share content over bluetooth (it's not an uncool technology from 90's but actually something useful. You hear me, Apple?)And I'm not talking about rooting (whatever that means). I'm not a techie, just someone who likes to do more than call/facebook/play angry birds with his phone if I pay over 400 quid for it.

4. It is one of the fastest phones around, and that is really important for me.

5. I'm really glad that it's not sold as well as iphone or galaxy or desire. There's an exclusivity to holding this phone in your hands. Every other person has an iphone and I'm glad I don't.

The only disadvantage is that the volume (headset, call) is a little low. I downloaded an app: Volume+ and that took care of it. But still.

Lack of apps is NOT a disadvantage, not for this phone, not for any android phone. It's true that apple has more apps, but really, what can you do with 300,000 apps that you can't with 200,000?

To sum up, a smart, fast phone with personality. Does a lot more than an iphone, is exclusive and less expensive. I'm glad I went for this and would recommend it unreservedly.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 7 Oct 2011 17:25:07 BDT
Marlow says:
I don't work for Apple or have any reason to promote their products - but you can download music, open, edit and send word docs, and I think use bluetooth, I'm sure this is a very good phone, but just to put the record straight. I doubt you can choose a device that docks with this phone and I for one only paid 60 for my iPhone...

In reply to an earlier post on 18 Oct 2011 19:25:28 BDT
Jack says:
android has a dedicated office application pre installed on all 2.3 devices that allows opening and editing of word, powerpoint, and spreedsheet documents with the ability to edit them that the iphone cannot match.

yes you can download music but its so locked down as is all itunes music, it can only be played on apple device or itunes and nothing else.

bluetooth on iphones is locked down to only allow pairing with handsfree devices or certain speakers that have been approved by apple, android can do either of these things plus transfer files between phones with bluetooth 3.0 nowadays, iphone4s is still on 2.1.

any dock you can get for apple you can get a similar thing for any phone that you just connect wirelessly with bluetooth. it will also probably cost half the price as it doesnt have 'apple' anywhere in the description.

you may have paid 60 for your iphone but that was probably linked into a contract that gives you tiny amount of minutes and texts a month whereas with android for the same price you can get 600 mins, unlimited texts, and unlimited internet.

Posted on 11 Jan 2012 11:48:44 GMT
morris says:
Thankyou for a useful review,due to this I have ordered this phone.Well done ,clear and precise
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.4 out of 5 stars (19 customer reviews)

Used & New from: 155.00