4.0 out of 5 stars Check size first!, 23 Dec. 2008
Bought a pair of the all black all stars in size 11. Normally that size is fine but they were a bit tight at the toes. Have returned them for 12's. Smart pair of shoes all the same.

Might be worth checking them out in a shop first for size.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 8 May 2009 09:10:10 BDT
Gaia says:
Lovely piece of advice there, it's a very smart idea to find out your exact size in a shop first before ordering them online. I looked up a conversion chart and wrongly calculated that i was a size 8, till I went to a shop and found out that size 7 converse were a comfy, spacy fit. Went back to the charts and saw that I had been wrong. I'm taking advantage of international shipping, so I HOPE after all my trouble the pair I ordered are perfect. Will post a raving review if they are. Fingers crossed!

Posted on 27 Mar 2010 22:07:49 GMT
T-HILL75 says:
solid comment about the size. I was a 10 1/2 in the us but an 11 in UK. I went shop and tried a pair on, Im a 10 . You saved me alot of agrovation having to send them back and trying to get the right size on line. Wore these "cons" back in the 70's and 80's hope these are as good .

Posted on 22 Sep 2010 15:10:40 BDT
Last edited by the author on 25 Sep 2010 14:18:27 BDT
GeekDaddy says:
I couldn't find anywhere near me with them in stock so just went for 2 pairs around my size - UK 8 and UK 9 - as this is what the Amazon size guide said I should look at being anywhere between a UK 8.5 and UK 9 size. When the pairs arrived the UK 8's were too tight and the UK 9's were find on my right foot but on my left my big toe was pressed against the front side with barely half an inch of wiggle room. This was due to two reasons:
1. They taper rapidly at the rubber toe.
2. Looking at the box the UK 8's were EUR 41.5 and the UK 9's were EUR 42.5 which is NOT how they should size up according to what I've read. Bizarrely I seem to be a consistent EUR 43.5 in all my shoes and THIS is what I should have used as my size guide - or as the man said try them on or go a size bigger!!!
Amazon's fantastic customer service have collected them for free and are sending me a UK 10 as replacement. Here's hoping they fit perfectly fine as then I can go about distressing them. :)

****UPDATE****

How irritating! With Converse's UK10 is not EU 43.5 but EU 44 so my replacements are like boats! Strongly recommend that you check the size guide here: http://www.converse.com/#/products/Shoes/ChuckTaylor/M9162
Or alternatively, actually try them on in a shop. According to Converse, I need a Converse Size 9.5 (which is a UK 9.5 / EU 43.5.

Have to return these to Amazon and look elsewhere for my actual size. :(

Posted on 25 May 2011 17:34:02 BDT
Matti Berg says:
I have a pair of converse at home, and Amazon's sizing-chart doesn't seem to fit at all. In my converse, a UK 7 is EU 40, US men 7 and US wo 9. So this doesn't seem to fit at all with what the charts say here!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›