50 of 55 people found the following review helpful
Simply the best Friends boxset,
This review is from: Friends - Season 1-10 Complete Collection (15th Anniversary) [DVD]  (DVD)
I previously had a "red box" edition of Friends, but decided to replace the well worn-out discs with this new boxset - and surprisingly it is a HUGE improvement!
1) (the most important) Full versions of all episodes - the pilot seems to be the same (probably it wasn't cut for older boxsets), but starting from the episode #2 you will get at least 2-3 minutes of new material for every episode (and more than 5-6 minutes on some episodes in later seasons!)
It is amazing how many cuts my older boxset had - now I can see a dialogue between two characters and apparently they could cut out 2-3 phrases in the middle (for example the scene of Chandler breaking up with Janice for the first time lost several very funny bits). The final effect that the extended versions in the new boxset flow much better and there are no strange cuts anymore.
2) Commentaries on many episodes from the show creators.
3) Gag reels (except for season 5).
4) Single side discs with 6-7 episodes on each! And in normal plastic boxes, not in paper wrap.
5) Improved navigation - all discs and disc boxes have lists of episodes printed on them (it is an essential feature but my old boxset did not have that!).
6) Episodes split into 10 individual boxes, one per season ("red box" boxset unhelpfully split them into 6 paper packs, one per character).
In the end, I love this edition of "Friends". Good work WB!
Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 19 Jan 2010 12:01:13 GMT
tiggrie AKA Sarah says:
Have you been able to find the series 1-4 gag reels? The flashback gagreels seem to be a repeat of series 5-9...
In reply to an earlier post on 19 Mar 2011 19:52:53 GMT
A. Frost says:
I'm pretty sure that I saw 1-4 gag reels - I don't remember on which disc of this set though!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›