5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality earphones for a reasonable price!, 6 Oct 2011
This review is from: Sony DREX12IPB Headset with In-Line Remote for iPod/iPhone/iPad - Black (Electronics)
My 5 year old sennheiser earphones died last week so I wanted a new pair; I mainly use them on my phone (HTC Desire) and the ones provided by HTC are, well, awful. One advantage of these were, like the HTC ones, it had a built in mic (which is of decent quality) - saves any messing when I receive a call now. I didn't expect the in-line remote to be compatible with the Android phone (only one button works: end call/dial last person) as it does say "for iPod/iPhone/iPad"
[side note: with huge market share for Android, how come no big names have brought out 'compatible' earphones?]

Sound quality is really good though, especially considering the price. They have good bass and decent noise cancellation with being 'in-ear', which is perfect for walking and commuting.
It was a choice between these and the SoundMagic MP21 (similar price), and although they may have been equally as good, the earphone 'ends' looked big and bulky on the SoundMagic's from the picture whereas these looked (and are) slim and the right size (I don't want things coming out of my ear too far!). Also from brand snobbery, these are Sony and not some (relatively) unknown brand.
Finally what comes in the box is all the usual: 3 different size ear-bud pairs which are easy to replace and clean and a cable manager clip - a nice touch for keeping dangling cables to a minimum.
Overall a great set of earphones, a decent microphone and for the price, I don't think you can get much better! Highly recommended.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 21 Jan 2012 05:42:44 GMT
Hi, I'm considering buying these. I currently have Sennheiser CX500 and I just wanted to ask how are these in terms of sound quality and loudness?

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Jan 2012 10:31:26 GMT
Peter says:
Hi, I can only compare these to my last set (Sennheiser CX300's), so in answer to your question: they are definitely louder than my Sennheisers were (with little to no distortion at high volumes) and the sound quality is definitely better than the CX300's; the mid-tones is much more evident and the bass is deeper - overall, a much richer sound. Hope this helps!

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Jan 2012 16:01:15 GMT
Thanks a lot, that's exactly what I was looking for.

Posted on 14 Jul 2012 16:11:23 BDT
sbiricuda says:
Hello, I'm also considering to purchase this. I have an Android device and a Creative mp3 player.. volume control would be an asset to me. Does this work on non-Apple devices? Thank you.

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Jul 2012 13:12:00 BDT
Peter says:
Hi - the earphones were designed for Apple products so initially I didn't expect the controls to work.

I use these earphones with an Android device and only the middle button works out of the box, which answers/rejects calls, plays/pauses music and activates the voice input (if held briefly). However, I have since come across some third party apps on Google Play (see some links below) which allow you to manually assign the non-working controls to do whatever you want - these apps have worked with varying degrees of success.

Some headset control apps:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=se.jays.headsetcontrol (This one says its for just for JAYS branded headphones, but I did get the volume buttons to work with the Sonys; however it had a habit of acting like the volume up button was being stuck/held. You may have better luck.)

As for the Creative MP3 player, I doubt the controls will work but you never know - Creative devices may behave the same as Apple products when a button is pressed.

Finally just an update on my set of earphones 9 months on: I still use these as my everyday pair when I'm out and about and they still work perfectly. :)

Hope this helps.