9 of 9 people found the following review helpful
Chilli Action Cam,
Verified Purchase(What is this?)
This review is from: Actioncam Action Video Camera Max (Sports)
Like one of the other reviewers, I bought this product to mount on my road bike to capture abuse etc. by vehicles. Although the image quality is good in the HD setting, I found the camera useless for the purpose I had, because:
* The camera records in chunks, and creates a a file for each chunk. In HD mode, a chunk lasts for 2mins 27secs. Unfortunately, the camera frequently (2 or 3 times in a 60 minute commute) stops after writing a file, and has to be restarted manually. Turns out this is because of vibration - but that's pretty pathetic where the vibration is just what is being caused by a road bike on tarmac.
* There is a gap of about 3 seconds between the end of one file and the start of the next.
* After a couple of weeks of use, the camera has started losing the first 9 or 10 files it recorded.
* Night image quality is poor - too much camera shake to be of any use.
* The sound is useless - nothing but wind noise.