5.0 out of 5 stars The Ultimate Ultrabook, 10 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Acer Aspire S7-391 13.3-inch Ultrabook - White (Intel Core i7 3517U 1.9GHz, 4GB RAM, 256GB SSD, LAN, WLAN, BT, Webcam, Integrated Graphics, Windows 8 64-bit) (Personal Computers)
I have been using this Ultrabook for just over 24 hours and I think that I have at last found the ultimate portable computer.

It looks incredible and is at last a Windows PC that can be placed next to the MacBook range of computers and not be found wanting on looks or performance, the Acer Logo on the back of the screen also lights up which is a nice touch.

It is extremely light and can be picked up with one hand with no problem, it is also extremely fast to start-up and shutdown, either from sleep mode or from a full boot, in fact it is up and running as soon as you open the screen.

The display is excellent and the touch screen works very well, the keyboard takes a bit of getting used to as the keys are quite flat, but seems fine to me after a bit of use, the backlighting on the keyboard is also very good, the track pad is a bit tricky to begin with but after a bit of fine tuning seems to be working fine now.

Comes with micro HDMI port (VGA to HDMI adapter included), a headphone socket and external battery connector socket, also has two USB 3 ports (USB to Ethernet adapter included), and an SD card reader, also a Bluetooth mouse and carry case are included.

No problems with Wi-Fi connection which is giving me full strength when connected to my router.

Battery life seems to be OK, around 4 - 5 hours on a single charge, maybe the only thing that lets it down a little.

Still getting used to Windows 8 and keep finding new ways of working with this O/S, seems to be many new shortcuts and screens, running Office 2013 on it and it all integrates together very well.

Yes this is an expensive Ultrabook, but I think it is well worth it, I just love it, and I think it will be a quite a while before it is replaced.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 16 Dec 2012 03:09:01 GMT
Thanks for this positive and thoughtful review - I have bought one myself and agree with your conclusions. I'm interested in your mention of "fine-tuning" the track pad. I dare say that I am missing something in the manual, but I wonder how you can do this?

Posted on 16 Dec 2012 03:09:03 GMT