5.0 out of 5 stars Where is everyone?? Hello? Anyone out there?, 11 Nov 2013
This review is from: Ghost Planet (Mass Market Paperback)
Have you ever had the feeling that you are the only person living on the planet?

Well that is exactly how I feel, I mean where is everyone??

I cannot believe there is only one other customer review from the UK who has read this book apart from me, unbelievable!

This book is not only brilliant I would love to see it made into a blockbuster movie. In fact if I had the money I would do it myself it was that good!

Have you ever fallen in love and had your heart broken? Do feel that all hope is lost of ever falling in love again?

This is how I feel about this book. My first love was 'Cross Stitch' by Diana Gabaldon, I thought I would never again find a book quite on its level in relation to originality. Sure I have read other brilliant books since Cross Stitch like 'Into the Wilderness' by Sara Donati, and certainly worth of praise and admiration for brilliant story telling and writing but these books are rare, like gold dust.

Finally I can say that I have found another genuine diamond amongst the junk out there. This book is original and the writing excellent.

There are too many books out there trying to be the next E L James with the rich billionaire's or vampire stories to High School romance, enough already!! I'm sick of the same old, same old.

At last, I can read something not done before, not trying to be same old, same old, but thinking outside the box and opening a mind to explore something not done before. Therefore I present 'The Ghost Planet' by Sharon Lynn Fisher.

Brilliantly written, brilliant storyline, I haven't even finished the book yet and needed to give it a review so that other like minded people will read it.

How the author came up with a great idea for a story I have no idea but I am glad she did, I hope her next book is just as good!

Its not on kindle, but it hasn't put me off, I bought the book because the storyline was intriguing and original. There is romance for those romantics out there too, its more sci-fi/fantasy/futuristic, but still in a real enough world to be believable. Can't actually think of a book or movie to compare it with, but I just cannot believe its not a movie yet, or that more readers have not discovered it yet.

The Ghost Planet is a complicated thought provoking story about the existence of ghosts on a mirror like planet to Earth. Ghosts are just as real as humans, they can feel, they can bleed, they need food and water to stay alive and can die, confused yet?

Ghosts on the ghost planet are linked to humans by some kind of invisible thread that keeps them chained to one human at a time by a link in the their past, to be apart from a human causes severe pain to the ghosts.

Elizabeth is transported to the ghost planet to work alongside Murphy and his team to learn more about the ghosts. Murphy is a charming Irish man, and they are both looking forward to working with each other. Until.......

Elizabeth and Murphy are both horrified to learn that Elizabeth never actually arrived on the planet alive. She dies in a tragic accident on her way to the ghost planet and is now a ghost herself.

This turn in events puts a spanner in the research Elizabeth wants to do and her relationship with her supervisor Murphy who she is instantly attracted to.

The trouble is, Murphy is attracted to Elizabeth also, but its forbidden for ghosts and humans to interact with each other and Murphy has no choice but to ignore her. Protocol demands it.

All alone and frightened of her sudden situation, Elizabeth is also tied irrevocably to her supervisor, Murphy, as his ghost.

I nearly forgot to mention, I'm not a sci-fi reader, I love my romance, this book would appeal to all you romantics out there.

Highly recommended.

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]