5.0 out of 5 stars Better than many Costing much more. Excellent Buy., 19 April 2012
This review is from: iPad 4 Screen Protector,TeckNet [2-Pack] Ultra Clear High Response 4H Hardness HD Screen Protector Film For Apple iPad 4 Retina Display / iPad 4 / iPad 3 / Apple 2 Generation (Electronics)
I've tried several similar screen protectors, even tried 2 of the more expensive 100% bubble free ones's, but sadly they deteriate the iPads screen quality far too much to be acceptable, those BTW are only available in a Matt/Anti-glare finish, which looks as though your iPad has a film of fine snow on it, and everything looks slightly shimmery and pixelated.. so I would avoid those unless you have very low expectations.

The biggest problem AYK with these and other clear protectors is the difficulty putting them on without any specs of dust getting on the screen while you apply it, and I agree it can be a right p*g to achieve.
However, I do think that these type of clear protectors are the only type that do not noticably deteriate the screens image, and so is worth persevering with, that's if you really feel you need a protector on in the first place... though I suspect like me they choose to fit one.. just for peace of mind... especially as the wifes nails aren't all that short, or the grandkids get their hands on it.

Okay.. so what do I think about these particular iPad screen protectors, well, for the money I think they are a superb buy, they do the job just as well as some protectors costing much more, and considering they give you 6 in pack is absolutely brilliant value.

Unlike the 100% bubble free protectors, which do indeed fit on leaving no bubbles at all, but leave you with terrible unacceptable degradation of your screen, these do not degrade the quality of your iPad screen at all.. at least none that I can see, I suppose in reality soon as you put something over the top of your iPad screen it has to degrade it a touch, but AIS it's certainly not noticable at all.

I still struggle to fit these without any bubbles at all which is usually caused by dust particles, but I can now achieve 99.9% success rate with them. I strongly advise you do it in somewhere like your bathroom after running the hot shower for a few minutes to keep the dust down.
Give your iPad's screen a clean, and finally before attempting to fit the protector give the screen one last wipe starting at one edge and wipe in a straight line off the opposite edge. With a bit of practice you should be able to achieve pretty good results. If you end up like me this morning where it was near perfect with just one tiny spec of dust resulting in one tiny bubble then I advise you leave it alone, as often lifting it up to try and remove it can make matters worse... mine looks almost perfect, and thats near enough for me, infact you would not know it had a protector fitted, my tiny spec of dust is near the side, so it doesn't matter, and I know from past experience it's almost futile trying to get it 100%... it's obviously possible.. but I haven't managed to get a 100% perfect application as yet..lol.. but very close.

At least they give you 6 to play with, but AIS with care you can get good results first time. I have no reservations in recommending these protectors both for the job they do, you would'nt know I had one fitted on my new iPad, and unlike some others they are indeed superb value for money... the best I've found so far.

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]