4.0 out of 5 stars If I'm not getting 100%, that's because of my system!, 2 Aug 2010
This review is from: Intel BX80571E7500 E7500 Core 2 Duo Processor - 2.93 GHz,3MB Cache,1066MHz FSB,Socket LGA775,45 nm,3 Year Warranty,Retail Boxed (Accessory)
I think I should keep it as simple as possible and give it its deserving credit.

It's great. The delivery was before I expected and everything was perfect. I was not supposed to install the product by myself since I am in no way an advanced user, but I did it. At the beginning the fan didn't work, but that was because of my motherboard (Intel LGA 775) socket I think. Tried another socket (the one for the front fan) and it's working fine though this socket has 3 pins in place of 4.

Probably a bit of history would be useful here! I was using a 2.8 GHz dual core, it was ok with performance but I wasn't happy with it. I was using Windows 7 Ultimate with 3 GB DDR2 RAM and built in graphics. Very often I had to see more than 90% of my CPU was being used and the noise it made.... horrible! I was pissed with my dual core to be honest. Had been planning to switch to core 2 duo (since my LGA 775 won't support core i series or DDR3 RAM) and when I screwed the substance between the heat sink and the processor (in an effort to clean it so that the noise would be reduced!), the processor would overheat in less than a minute and couldn't use it at all. Bought this one then.

There's still a bit of noise, but I'm sure it's not the processor. It's my damn PSU. The performance is great. My windows 7 starts up in less than a minute, everything works perfectly and smoothly.

Anyway, definitely it's not a glitch of the product but I had some compatibility problem at the beginning. Then again, it's natural I guess! I mean just a simple hardware is capable to cause it, and I couldn't simply expect to take the old processor out, replace it with a new one and expect that everything would work fine! I was getting a blue screen error every time I tried windows 7. Tried XP, it worked perfect. Windows 7 kept showing the error message (Driver IRQL not less or equal). Had to change the BIOS settings, honestly, I am not at all good with BIOS and don't even remember what I did! Just know that after a lot of changes (still not sure which one worked!) it worked and windows 7 is running perfectly.

Now i would definitely rate the product 5, don't know what more to expect from it.... but I never give something the highest possible mark. Probably because of my cynical mind.... success is never final, we can always improve!

My suggestion, buy it without thinking twice! You won't regret it, you will love it.

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]