5.0 out of 5 stars Iconic, 1 May 2012
This review is from: Swissvoice Epure Full Eco Cordless Single DECT Telephone - White (Office Product)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I was really impressed with the initial appearance of this phone when I saw it online. I can confirm that it does not disappoint in real life! It looks really modern and stylish, almost like a digital drawing of a phone icon. I think it would suit a super-modern or funky retro environment.

Unlike some other stylish phones this phone is completely cordless. In this day and age most people do not want to be tied to wires while on the phone. We have another unusual phone in our household (a red imitation 1950's scandiphone) but as that one is corded it's essentially been more or less relegated to being an aesthetically pleasing ornament rather than a phone we really use.

The Epure phone is really easy to use, sits nicely in your hand, speech is very clear and of a decent volume in the ear piece and I've never had anyone on the other end of the phone say that I was quiet (a problem I've experienced with other cordless phones). You can easily adjust the earpiece volume while in a call just as you would on a mobile phone. Once you've finished a call it's easy to place the handset back on the base unit, and it rings a quick reassuring tone to indicate that the handset has been successfully connected to the base unit (if incorrectly placed it would not charge the handset so this seems like a handy feature to me).

The ringer on the phone is nice and loud without being offensively loud. We have it next to the bed on full volume and it does not scare us half to death even if it does ring (something I cannot say for my mobile phone ringer!). Also there is a decent choice of ring tones, unlike many other land line phones.

I found it easy to add the time, date and entries to the phone book without reading the manual but there are clear and easy to follow instructions on how to do this if needed.

The battery life seems fine to me, I've regularly made calls of over an hour and not noticed much change in battery life, so it would probably make a good office/home office phone (unlike some other cordless handsets which run out of charge pretty quickly).

I know that there are also other options that I have not explored or do not need yet, but considering how easy and successful all the functions have been s far I do not doubt that anything this phone claims to do it will do with ease.

I would definitely recommend this phone to other people. If you want a stylish addition to your home or office without sacrificing typically useful functions this might just be what you're looking for.

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]