5.0 out of 5 stars If I had five thumbs they would all be pointing skywards!, 19 Feb 2010
This review is from: Samsung R1 8GB Portable Media Player With Built In Bluetooth FM Radio And Voice Recorder - Silver (Electronics)
I had been looking for a new Mp3 player for a while , after my Ipod Nano and an unfortunate encounter with a washing machine, I wasn't too impressed with the Ipod or Apple so I decided to stay away from Ipod's. After looking at many different players including the Creative Zen Xfi-2 and various cheepo Chinese copies I came came across this and was impressed by both the price and the reviews I read elsewhere, so I decided to go for it and I have not been disappointed.
Delivery and service- well what can I say, I placed my order on Wednesday afternoon and was sent an email describing when it would be shipped and how I could track my order shortly after. Importantly it said when my package would be delivered, Friday the 19th, I was a little dubious as I went for the standard delivery, which says 3-5 working days, but sure enough at about 1100 this morning it turned up via City Link Courier, not 48 hours after I placed the order.
Packaging- arrived in pristine condition(no dents or marks on the box) which is impressive as it was only in a plastic courier bag, the player sits VERY snug inside the box and even has a screen protector on it for added measure:)
The player- that's all very interesting but what about the player?? Well smiles all round lovely piece of kit to use, touch screen is super responsive, no need for a pen to jab at the buttons here! and although the screen seems small to start with, it is easy to use and navigate through your music (although the album cover scroll feature is a little slow). external volume buttons and locking button/off switch are a must and work really well. There are plenty of widgets such as calender radio picture gallery etc which add to players usefulness. Despite not having wi-fi the player does have bluetooth which is nice should you wish to connect with your phone or wireless headphones. The headphones included and the sound quality are excellent and there are plenty of settings to adjust the bass and all that jazz. battery life seems reasonable and there is a widget to tell you how much charge you have left.
problems- well not much to talk about here, no speaker , no wi-fi and slightly slow to scroll through the album art work. nothing that causes any real problem operating the player.
All in all an excellent piece of kit really solid feeling, responsive touch screen and high quality audio, combined with fast delivery and good customer service its a bargain, and in my opinion far outstretches the Ipod touch that a few of my friends own. SERIOUSLY CONSIDER THIS MP3 PLAYER!

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]