4.0 out of 5 stars Great but a little smaller than i'd expected., 3 April 2012
This review is from: Trunki Ride-on Suitcase - Limited Edition Gruffalo (Brown) (Luggage)
I wasn't sure whether to buy a Trunki for my son for our mid-week break next month, I couldn't decide whether i'd be wasting my money or not but it looked lovely and my 2 year old loves The Gruffalo so i went ahead and ordered.
It arrived this morning and i have to admit my first thought was that it was smaller than i had hoped and expected it to be, this was closely followed by wow (by me and my son). My son's face lit up when he saw the gruffalo trunki and he has spent the morning pulling it around the house.

It is lovely, very well designed, looks sturdy and I love the gruffalo features on it. Although its size was playing on my mind so while my son had his sleep and i went to test drive it and see how much i could fit inside it. As previously mentioned i bought this for a mid-week 4 night uk break we have planned next month, with a toddler we are going to have to take the usual plus toys and nappies and things so i thought the extra storage would come in handy and the trunki would be his suitcase for his clothes and toys.

Well I was hoping there! I was just about able to fit 4 days worth of clothes, underwear and a couple of pairs of shoes in there, i tried a couple of books and my son's beloved bunny but it wouldnt close. So i am going to have to eiather just use it for his clothes or use it for his toys and books instead, eiather way it will give us more space just not as much as I had originally thought.

However I can see this will get alot of use, it will be handy for overnight trips to grandparents houses (for clothes and toys) or days out visiting relatives (for toys and snacks)and it would be handy as a carry on for holidays for a child to put some toys in to keep them occupied on a plane. Its too nice to keep stored away so i think my son will be happy wheeling it around the house with his toys in.

So in short DON'T buy this hoping for a decent sized suitcase for your child - not sure it should be badged as a suitcase as it isnt that big. But DO buy it because it is lovely, your child will adore it and it is a decent sized general travel bag for short visits.

Smaller than i'd have hoped but still great!

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]