5.0 out of 5 stars Simply great, 5 Jan. 2012
This review is from: Sennheiser HDR 180 Additional Digital Wireless Over-Ear Headphones (Without Transmitter) (Electronics)
These headphones are just the job. I used to use wired headphones but you can imagine how limited you are with them. |These headphones give you the freedom to move around (although we don't do too much moving around when watching movie). I use them often and have noticed a big difference in sound quality to the wired ones (although my wife says "not much different" -but, then, she's not an audiophile like myself!)
You get a few hours movie time with the batteries at full charge (1 AA battery in each ear-piece). I bought 1 pair of these headphones with the transmitter and then 2 of these extra ones and now we can watch tv at our own personal sound levels (with the wired ones we were limited to having same sound level for everyone) and without disturbing our young daughter in bed or the neighbours. We can have the sound as loud as we like - the full cinema experience.
For some people there may be confusion with the names RS 180 (that is the transmitter and headphone) and the HDR 180 (which is the headphone without transmitter). I can assure you that the HDR 180 headphone will work with the RS 180 transmitter (up to 4 headsets can be synced with the transmitter, I have had 3 synced so far with no problems).

Sennheiser's Digital Wireless HDR 180 Headphones, deliver an unbelieveable sound reproduction. Using an open, circumaural design, the headphones can breathe from both sides of the ear cups, offering you an excellent sound image. This wireless headphone sytem utilises Kleer's uncompressed digital wireless audio transmission and can serve up to four pairs of headphones. In addition, it gives you the freedom to travel up to 100m (line of sight) from your sound source. The HDR 180 is also equipped with balance and automatic level controls. The former provides for right/left volume adjustment while the latter for improved speech intelligibility as well as to ensure that the headphones always reproduce at optimum audio levels. The transmitter (not included with HDR 180, go see the RS 180 on Amazon for headphone with transmitter) for the HDR 180 is multi-functional - doubling as an 'easy-charge' cradle and docking station. So if you want high quality wireless listening, the HDR 180 offers superb detailed sound for both your music & your TV at distances up to 100m! Dynamic transducer systems with powerful neodymium magnets for clear and detailed audio reproduction. Multi-purpose transmitter - Also functions as 'easy-charge' cradle and docking station, Balance control for right/left volume adjustment. Ergonomic and adjustable headband for an excellent and secure fit & extremely comfortable velour earpads and headband cushions for long listening periods. No set-up required ' Just plug and play!

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 8 Oct 2012 10:38:59 BDT
Mr Grant "RareGoblin"... & anyone else with experience..!!

I have "very old fussy neighbours" that are always complaining about my TV & Music sounds even though its not up loud *(not like they say it is anyways)* they are so ignorant & rude too. I'm often afraid to turn on my Hifi, really it gets that bad... as I live in a Semi...

I want to be civilized nevertheless, and I bought a pair of Panasonic RF headphones - here on Amazon UK and was blown away with the quality of sound from simple £42.00 - 'RF Wireless Cans'. They seem to be quite popular head in the top 10.

Anyways, every now and then throughout the day (NOT everyday but most)... I find myself having to adjust the radio frequency on these headphones, once or twice on Average, every other day, which can be annoying especially if your in the middle of watching a movie..you never know when they will hiss again, but the silver lining is I can re-tune them as quickly as I can again...

By the way, when they are working and I have a really good connection; "I could not tell I was waring RF Wireless headphones", they have spectacular sound reproduction, bass & trebble amazing, (very comfortable too) - I ask myself what have I been doing for years, the sound is so darn good and refreshing, I drift off into my own world. (fab)... walking around my home with MTV Going on the background, all in digital (Virgin Media TIVO RECEPTION).

In my quest for interference FREE sound, or the next best thing I'm wanting to spend whatever it takes (well within reason), to achieve the sound I get when my Panasonic RF speakers are behaving firing out beautiful sound, without interference, can you help me pick a decent set of "Sennheiser RS Headphones" - "Please" - As they only cost £42.00 and they are amazing when they work, just superb.

I have an LG 47 inch Smart TV with a Dolby True HD output... with I connect my receiver to.! its perhaps another reason the sound is so good.
However, to find a better pair like you guys are talking about and reviewing the Sennhieser RS 170's or 180's, surely they are in a different league altogether - so I will have comfort for long periods, (Most important) and also... A Digital tuner that stays tuned in- something that's razor sharp if you understand where I'm coming from, and when one spends in access of £150.00 Quid you would expect Cans that give you no hassle only pure musical bliss.. Please help me if you can. appreciated if you can (anyone) who uses these Headphones at Home please, help me find something suitable.

Im genuine, please look at my profile and reviews, I'm an amazon Prime member, and shop online frequent - shopaholic...

I'm kind of thinking that Sennhieser Headphones are some of the best if not the best in the world. (In my humble opinion) but need someones experience in using the RF Wireless type.. (Whom appreciates quality). surely if I spend well over 100 quid - even over £150 (I'm surely going to get a better transmitters, and also better cans..

A whole better package without having to spend on an AMP and more expensive gear. Just It must be wireless so I can walk around my home not giving my my neighbours an excuse to have a beef.

I think from what Ive written you know what Im looking for.. cheers! you Guys.!! =)

Thanks in Advance, David..

Posted on 5 Mar 2013 13:45:11 GMT
ilew says:
Hi, nice review, I also have these headphones and think they are great.

I have a question though: you say you have bought two extra headphones in addition to the one that came with the transmitter, so can you confirm that the one transmitter can work with 3 headphones at the same time? I would also like to buy a third set but the manual stated that the transmitter can only link with 2 headphones. Thanks for the info in advance!

Also in case this is useful to someone, the headphones take two _AAA_ batteries each (one for each ear). At least in my case Eneloop batteries were included with the headphones.

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Mar 2013 13:53:16 GMT
Last edited by the author on 5 Mar 2013 14:01:27 GMT
Raregoblin says:
Hi ilew,
I can indeed confirm that I have synced 3 headphones with the one transmitter and have had all 3 working simultaneously. I just checked the description and it says up to 4 people can listen at the same time so I would take that as 4 headphones.
Regards Dave

Posted on 17 Sep 2013 07:36:17 BDT
Matt says:
How do you charge additional pairs? Do they come with mains power or do they have to share the charging station? If so, how long do they take to charge? I'm assuming with the unit supporting up to four pairs that they don't take that long to charge and you just have to remember to change them over. Also, nearly two years on from when you wrote the review, are they still going?

In reply to an earlier post on 17 Sep 2013 07:55:47 BDT
Last edited by the author on 17 Sep 2013 17:04:58 BDT
Raregoblin says:
To charge these headphones you place them on top of the charging unit individually (fits in a cradle), a amber charging light comes on (on the unit) and it turns green when headphone is fully charged. The amount of time taken to charge headphone batteries depends on how long you have used the headphones. I find I get a few days use out of each full charge, but you can put headphone on charge after a couple of hours use (say, after a movie or evenings viewing) and that takes maybe half hour each headphone but I would say it would take a couple of hours charging for a fully depleted headphone (I still have the original batteries in headphones and find that they still last a long time). The headphones are still used often and give great sound - I recommend them.

In reply to an earlier post on 17 Sep 2013 08:06:50 BDT
Matt says:
That's great, thank you very much for the (very fast) reply!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›