5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant - I am so glad I bought it!!, 30 Mar. 2004
This review is from: Kodak EasyShare CX6445 Digital Camera [4MP 4xOptical] (Electronics)
I had borrowed a few digital cameras to use before, most recently an IXUS, but hadn't really been impressed with any of them. I did a LOT of research into which camera I actually wanted to buy and this one kept coming up as highly recommended. I checked it out in Jessops, to see if I liked the look and feel and I did, so I came back to Amazon, as I had found that they offered the best price of anywhere I could find.
Bad points (minor only):
- the battery door and the card storage door are plastic and rather flimsy, as long as you are careful they should be fine, but I personally think Kodak have let themselves down on the build for the doors.
- I was taking photos in a dark club the other night, I was hoping for some great shots as it was an 80's fancy dress party. On the whole the shots were very good, but most of them suffered from red-eye. Okay, maybe I should have switched that anti red-eye option on, but I was dashing around clicking and didn't think - drat!
- wrist strap only on the camera. I would have liked a neck strap, as it means I have to take my camera out of its bag every time I want to take a photo, with a neck strap I could snap away much more quickly.
Good points (the list is endless):
- excellent look and feel, not a tiny camera that you can (and I have!!) put your thumb over the lense by mistake. Comfy to hold and just the right weight.
- photo quality is excellent. The photos are sharp and in my opinion the tones are perfect - although I know others are quite so convinced - personal choice I guess.
- menues are clear and easy to understand.
- the camera is so easy to work I was snapping away as soon as I got it out of the box!
- good selection of photo options, I particularly like the sport mode for moving images (great to take photos of my partner when he plays footie!). Nice to have the choice of colour, sepia and B&W.
- Fairly speedy to get up and running, when you switch on the camera is ready to take photos within a couple of seconds.
- Zoom in and out is also speedy.
- On some cameras there is a terrible lag between pressing the button and the photo actually being taken. Not so with the DX6440, you press the button and you get the image - great for shots of children and/or pets who never sit still!!
- movie option is great fun. I wouldn't say buy this camera if you want to take movies, if you're really into that then get a camcorder. However this camera will take great little clips that you can email to friends or pop onto a website - bear in mind though that the movie option doesn't have a flash and you can't zoom in and out during filming.
To be honest the list of good points is endless! You will see loads of positive things reported about this camera - believe them and go out and buy it, I did and I haven't been disappointed for a minute!

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]