5.0 out of 5 stars Can't fault it, 30 April 2008
This review is based on over 6 months use.

Was a bit unsure about these first generation Skype phones but for me this product has, and continues to be, exactly what we are looking for. I can't fault it. That said, one would always like to pay less but I did expect to pay a bit more for a first generation device.

My girlfriend and I are seasoned Skype users (SkypeIn and SkypeOut). We regularly ring UK to NZ, Australia and Ireland (PC, landlines and mobiles) - on a daily basis. The Skype calls seldom have any problems (the echoing and lag can be call dependent but is now generally very good to exceptional). This device only makes the process simpler and easier for us (no booting the laptop and putting on the headset first thing in the morning - we can call from any room, bed, etc).

The sound quality of this device is also great (I was concerned about the volume mentioned in some other reviews). As an example I can ring and talk clearly to my 86 year old grandmother in NZ on this phone using SkypeOut and the sound volume and clarity is great/excellent. The errors are ours.

In our flat (not huge) the wireless range is good (no problems in any room). It's a simple plug-n-play into your router and away you go (< 5 mins setup). Login and away you go. More complicated Skype functions I perform on the PC (just easier), that said the UI on the phone is simply and easy to get used to - though I do always forget which button does what (left v right). Once of the buttons flashes blue when you miss a call - great and easy to see from a distance. The screen is pretty good too - it's is cute to see the users graphic when they ring, etc.

A side effect of having a dedicated Skype phone (with decent broadband bw) is that we have freed up our laptop and can make simultaneous Skype calls. My girlfriend on the Skype phone, me on my Nokia n800 or laptop, etc. If required we can still video conference on the laptop.

The charge time on the phone is good - no hindrance. Every now and again we have to leave it on the cradle overnight. We try and leave it off the cradle to properly power cycle the batter. The battery indicator is clear to see when charge is low.

[Add comment]