4.0 out of 5 stars Letters fading just under a year later, 10 July 2011
This review is from: Cherry JK-0300GB Strait Keyboard (Electronics)
The keyboard itself is the best I've ever used - great response and helps me type fast and quietly as it does not have the annoying volume of cheaper keyboards.

But - I purchased this in Aug 2010 and now I find that one of the letters is already starting to fade a little - the letter has lost a bit of the definition. If its doing this after a year I'm guessing that after two years I might need another!

As you know Amazon has returns after 30 days but the guarantee on this keyboard must be a year at least. I cannot find any way online of returning the keyboard. I guess the paperwork that came with the keyboard might have one but it should be easy online.

This might seem a small gripe - but if I'm paying over 30 quid for a keyboard I'd like the company to make sure the actual characters on the keyboard do not start to fade after a few months.

I have cheap and tacky keyboards 20 years old which have never faded - so Cherry - you really got to sort your act out and make sure the keyboard lasts along while. The actual build of the keyboard is brilliant - its such a shame this weak spot lets it down.

I type a lot but I thought Cherry were clued up and could make the characters on the keys last longer.

I concede it might just be that I've ended up with the odd dodgy keyboard. You can still see the letters clearly - but the letter n has lost one of its sides - my letter i is visibly faded.

I hoped to upload a photo I have just taken but Amazon seem to only have videos, This I will do just to prove my point.

Thanks for reading - but in conclusion, I hope Cherry will accept this faulty product back and return me a nice new keyboard - or simply refurbish this one as I have to say it looks as good as it did on the day it came. Apart from the lettering fading of course!

Maybe its just mine - please report back if you have owned one of these for a while - is it fading?

As for the ergonomics of it - I type so much faster using this keyboard - my fingers literally fly with ease and the keys have never lost their response and never miss a beat.

I am used to different layouts so soon get used to the home key being in a funny place. You soon get used to the layout and its actually easy as home, delete, insert - are all bunched together.

The volume keys and mute is a nice touch.

Shame to give it 4 out of 5 but I'm sure you understand why I have had to do this.

Thanks again for reading.

Updated 2011 - I am trying in vain to return this keyboard which is guaranteed for five years. I am not buying anything from Amazon until they make it easier to return items which the seller (Amazon EU S.a.r.L) is obligated to exchange IF it fails in the extended guarantee period. the 30 days policy for returns is misleading - and also I am concerned that Amazon will have put thousands off returning items as its difficult to actually find a way to return something after 30 days. I'm English but not an idiot. My Cherry keyboard has blank keys for the u - i and o plus the n and a with the t, l also fading fast. The keyboard is 2 years old and guaranteed for five - I think I will email cherry again and explain how Amazon is not playing ball with returns.

I have been a customer for years - spent a lot - but I'm not spending a penny more until I get some Justice on this keyboard replacement which is my right!! Making this process difficult is wrong and I am not sitting back and taking this.

In fact - even if I get a new keyboard - that will be fading in 2 years - so I will need a return. Could be a lucky thing as I might get a free keyboard every two years.

So thanks for nothing really - Amazon have not made it easy to return stuff.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 25 Feb 2012 17:09:43 GMT
McColl says:
I know this is not a very recent review, bit thought I'd mention:
Why not get in touch with the manufacturer http://www.cherrycorp.com/english/keyboards/index.htm. All that is needed is proof of purchase.
I had a Keysonic 8020 which is a lovely keyboard but the most used keys (at least 6 of them) were worn after 6 months, so I contacted Keysonic direct in Germany, and they arranged for me to return it to them and they replaced it with a new keyboard. I had not bought thekeyboard direct from them, but through a reseller.
Sure enough, the new one has also now got blank keys so I'm ready to try something else. I may actually try the 8021 to see if the keys wear better because it's a great keyboard.

Posted on 2 Sep 2012 17:19:10 BDT
Lollypops says:
The keys on mine started fading after two weeks. Very poor.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.6 out of 5 stars (29 customer reviews)

£34.99 £31.03