1.0 out of 5 stars Highly disappointing, 4 Jan 2010
This review is from: Let Your Dim Light Shine (Audio CD)
Loathed as I am to be over critical of any artists work this is the finest example I have yet to witness of the ridiculously positive, even sycophantical aspect to some of the album reviews that sometimes appear on Amazon. I revisited this CD today and played it for what turned out to be the very last time from start to finish to see if I had been unfair to so swiftly dismiss it when it when first purchased in 1995.
Unlike the previous reviewer I could not get on with the contents. I found the work mundane, painful to listen to; cringeworthy in places.
Bearing in mind our time on this planet is limited I can think of a million better CD's to spend my time listening to than this.
We all have our guilty pleasures and although I fully respect the affinity any other reviewer using Amazon may have to this or any other album I felt compelled to offer some perspective to the gob-smacking 5* review published.
And in case you feel I am being a little unfair just take a look at how many used copies there are for sale for next to nothing; if you want to sample this album you will only need to meet the cost of the postage plus a few pence. 5 stars it most certainly ain't.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 12 Dec 2010 03:11:21 GMT
A Customer. says:
"Bearing in mind our time on this planet is limited i can think of a million better CD's to spend my time listening to than this".

If you've heard "a million CD's", i would guess you are somewhere near the end of your "time on this planet".
Perhaps you could spend that time in a more worthwhile manner than your thinly veiled attempt at bashing a fellow reviewer, just because you don't agree with them.

And as for your comments about how many used copies are available cheaply - i have seen plenty of cheap used copies of The Godfather on DVD, are you saying that is low on quality too?

Oh, by the way - is "sychophantical" a real word? Anyway, i get what you mean. Perhaps you could tell us which person in a position of power you think the reviewer is trying to gain favour with?

I would say your 'Review' "certainly ain't" worth 5 stars. Two sentences in the whole piece on the Album in question, with no mention of any individual songs or reasons why you dislike them. In fact, i found it mundane and painful to read.

In reply to an earlier post on 1 Feb 2014 23:42:32 GMT
S. Morris says:
totally with you mr or mrs a customer, personally i think dim light is about on a par with candy, delayed reaction and silver lining though perhaps a shade inferior to gravedancers.. but for matey to dismiss it out of hand... poor review.
Misery, great song. promises broken - outstanding, eyes of a child - superb, just like anyone - stunning.. i did my best - a gorgeous closing track..

but then i guess we knows a good album when we hear it..
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

3.0 out of 5 stars (2 customer reviews)

Reviewer