1.0 out of 5 stars BELOVED DEAD BLENDER, 23 Sept. 2011
This review is from: Philips Robust Collection HR2181/00 2 Blade Blender, 850 Watt (Kitchen & Home)
I bought this - till yesterday - wonderful blender 3 months ago and have used it almost every morning for our blue-berry shakes. I loved and adored this expensive-but-seemed-worth-it blender. It has/had a most magnificent slow start button and I recommended it to everyone. I even bought a spare jar - also rather expensive at £100 - as I was worried I would drop the (glass) jar and have a wonderful, useless blender. Now instead I have 2 lovely glass jars and a still new blender that doesn't work. Yesterday it just stopped, without a warning!! I have tried EVERYTHING, but not a spark of life. We have used it so carefully; hand-washing the jar only, very few ice-cubes at a time, never over-filling it etc.. I have by now sent 5 e mails to Philips Consumer Care and haven't heard a beep back. I am ashamed of having recommended it to friends. Another reviewer seems to have had the same problem and I would like to hear how the problem was solved. I have so far used £350 on a dead blender (this is now outside my Amazon return-time-limit - by the way, Amazon responded within minutes with all Philips' contacts).

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 4 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 12 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 6 Oct 2011 14:32:10 BDT
Did you get this resolved? I am looking for a high end blender (not quite as high end as a Vita-Mix!) and had just about decided on this one until I read your post. Please respond as soon as possible because I am ready to drive to the nearest big town to purchase this!

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Oct 2011 17:42:49 BDT
Last edited by the author on 6 Oct 2011 17:45:23 BDT
Dear Suzanne,
Beloved AMAZING AMAZON solved this for me and sent me a new Robust yesterday. It really is a most amazing blender (when it works) we have tried them all and we find that this one is the best. I hope to God that Philips has sorted out their technical problems with this blender, as it deserves to be a hit.
PS> I think I would use Amazon if I were you, as few shops are as helpful as they are. Of course if you know your "nearest big town" shop-keeper well, then of course you have a friend there.
I will keep you posted anyhow, but in spite of all, it's a great, strong blender...

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Oct 2011 18:39:42 BDT
Thanks for your quick reply. I live in Italy so that is one of my issues. It actually costs more here than in England even with shipping. But, if there is an issue would I then need to send it back to Amazon? The nearest big town is an hour away and is a big electronics store where I don't know anyone. How long will Amazon take care of it? There is now an Amazon in Italy, but when I checked last they only had very cheap blenders. Maybe I will check again. Do post if you have any more problems with it.

Posted on 21 Oct 2011 15:02:32 BDT
J. Hill says:
What's the latest development on your purchase? I have just taken delivery of one from Amazon and am wary/mindful of the 30 day rule. My initial experience is that the lid insert bounces out when under power and that the pouring lip is of an inadequate angle . . hence drips when pouring.

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Oct 2011 12:00:24 BDT
Dear J. Hill,
The new - THANK YOU again Amazon - Robust is still functioning perfectly - and I do think it's the strongest and the best blender around. Philips just has to resolve the bizarre problem with the break-down of its motor. (A problem they really will not solve if they don't reply to emails, enter in-to dialogue with their customers - or even read the reviews of their products on such important retailers as Amazon -). Philips won't be aware, either, that the pouring lip is indeed inadequate and you cannot help but drip when you pour. It makes me so angry when it's us, the customers, who seem to be more interested in/more protective of - the company - and its product than the people who actually work for Philips.

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Oct 2011 12:00:54 BDT
Dear J. Hill,

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Oct 2011 14:43:58 BDT
I bought the blender at our semi-local store as it was on sale. Mine is #2181/00 which when looking on the Philips site means it is from 2009. Do you know what the number was on yours that stopped working (one ends with 00 and the other with 10)? I'm trying to see if I got one from the bad year or if you did!! So far I really love it. I don't see any problem with it dripping when you pour as every blender I have ever had has had that problem. I was so surprised at how quiet it is! The store I purchased it from will take care of problems for 4 years and then I have to deal with Philips direct. Hopefully, I won't need to worry about that at all!

In reply to an earlier post on 6 May 2012 12:33:11 BDT
Dear Suzanne,

I was unfortunately just looking up blenders again - you will not believe this, but my most beloved, 2nd Robust just died this morning.... It is a HR2181/00. I have no idea why, we use it Gently and not every day and in spite of sending the first dead one back to Philips, we never heard back from them Why the 1st one had died...
Philips Robust Collection HR2181/00 2 Blade Blender, 850 Watt

In reply to an earlier post on 6 May 2012 12:53:50 BDT
That is terrible! I hope that I continue to have good luck with mine as I really love it.

In reply to an earlier post on 6 May 2012 14:00:43 BDT
anette says:
I love mine too... Now I hope Philips will send a new one asap - and tell me what on Earth is the matter with this series -. Good luck with yours.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›