5.0 out of 5 stars What a brilliant bit of kit - over the moon with it !, 15 Feb 2012
This review is from: Morphy Richards Intellisteam 48781 Food Steamer, White (Discontinued by Manufacturer) (Kitchen & Home)
Having read the list of reviews for this product (which were really helpful) I decided to order it, the majority of people were singing the praises of the steamer, but I was a little apprehensive as there were a few reviews that were not so good. However, if there is an issue with an item I know Amazon will refund or it will be replaced so decided to take the chance.

I am so pleased I did - goods arrived super quick from the supplier (again I went with the one that had the best reviews - Hughes Direct, it was well packaged and no damage at all.

First try I put new potatoes in the back with the tray on top of it holding spring cabbage and some mushrooms, the front left 2 salmon fillets and the front right brocoli and carrots. I followed the really easy instructions, choosing the compartment, then the type of food that was in it. I didn't adjust the cooking times but you can do if you aren't cooking as much as I was. The fish clearly wasn't going to take as long as the rest of it and that was reflected in the time. I left it and went off and did something else for half an hour popping back to see all was going well. Everything was cooked to perfection - and I mean everything, the keep warm facility is also great as it keeps food warm for up to 40 minutes. I actually had a workout whilst I was waiting for my tea, with my old steamer I would have had to add stuff at different times and pretty much be chained to the kitchen. This allows you to go off and do other things and it takes care of everything.

It fits in the cupboard that I used before for my steamer so no hassle there, I didn't have any problem cleaning it, which I did by hand although it will go in the dishwasher - someone made a comment that cleaning needs to take place before you eat, but I didn't find it a problem doing it afterwards.

Last night I put did the same veg with the exeption of some tinned peas in one of the small compartments instead of the fish (they come with a container so you can cook things in their own liquid), peas I guessed at 5 minutes, and also added in to the same compartment a few left over potatoes to warm through - again these were perfect. I put my meat in the oven to cook on timer and went off and left it all cooking. Again perfect.

The taste is great and so far nothing has been under or over cooked. I intend to try some chicken pieces later in the week.

I would highly recommend this bit of kit.

I would have liked to have seen a preset timer button BUT I can see that it would be a bit risky, for example leaving bits of chicken at room temperature all day waiting to come on at night, but it would be nice to be able to set it up an hour before hand with something and maybe go out for a walk or bit of gardening and come back to find it cooked. Having said that it will keep stuff warm for 40 minutes so I suppose I could cook it and then leave it warming (duh my brain hurts).

I would rate this product 10 out of 10. Don't be put off by reviews of things not working, I think it's like everything you are going to get faulty ones - if this is the case it's a few days of inconvience versus the convenience and great job this steamer does.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 3 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 29 Jun 2013 13:36:48 BDT
David Smith says:
Thank you for your most helpful review. I you want the steamer to come on while you're out, perhaps you could use a plug-in time switch which can be bought cheaply.

Posted on 6 Aug 2013 07:28:56 BDT
the reason why there is negitive review about this product is they dont no that this steamer every so often has to be descaled if they do that then i dont think there would be a problem ive ordered 2 of these 1 for myself and 1 for my daughter but before i ordered them i read up about them on morphy richards website

Posted on 11 Oct 2013 21:05:13 BDT
mel says:
I have been looking at this product for the very reason that it has a delayed time option (as Argos states), does it not offer this option?

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Oct 2013 19:03:48 BDT
2ld says:
Sorry no delayed start on mine but you could put a timer in the socket and then plug your steamer in. No good leaving veg out all day though or raw meat. It does keep stuff warm when it's finished for a bit. My baskets cracked in the dishwasher sadly.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›