2.0 out of 5 stars 5 Month report & further info, 8 Jan. 2013
This review is from: bpro ® 6 VACUUM COMPRESSED STORAGE SAVING SPACE BAGS 80 X 60 CM Clothing, Duvets, Bedding, Pillows, Curtains (Kitchen & Home)
Update
======
After 5 months and trying a few different brands my conclusion is that none are as good as claimed. In fact the Poundland brand 'Home etc' are just as good as the most expensive ones (except for their hanging model which has a different valve and is worse than useless) For £1 you get either one large 80cm x 100cm ones or two smaller ones. There are even ones which are scented. I don't think there is any point in further updates unless I find a bag that actually works.

3 month Update, now more than 3 months since I started using these bags and while items without much air in them such as T-Shirts remain compressed for about 6 weeks, items with air in such as pillows or quilts are only lasting between 2 and 4 weeks before they need re-sealing and the air taken out again.

---------------------------------------

It is now six weeks since I packed these bags and stored them away. I went back to check them today and like every other type of bag I have used of this sort they have failed to retain the vacuum and the bags have expanded back to their original size. I have therefore reduced them to 2 stars.

I have had several brands of these bags and they all seem to fail at some point from a day or two to a couple of months in that they start to expand or just completely pop open losing all their vacuum sealing.

I will therefore update this review in a month or so to see how they are doing or before hand if they fail.

The bags are easy enough to use and seem just as well made as any of the other brands including JML that I have used in the past. Put the stuff in, seal the zip end with the plastic clip, suck out the air and put the cap back on the valve. Then you have to hope they don't expand again. I can get 2 pillows into one of these and they go as flat as a dinner plate, lets just hope they stay that flat.

Buying these bags is hit and miss, as I say, so far I have not found a brand that lasts for more than a couple of months before requiring to be resealed. OK if the bags are handy but not if you have put them in storage in the loft!

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 5 Apr 2013 21:34:24 BDT
A. Luis says:
I'm glad you reported back on the product after using it for a while. Wish more people did that when they reviewed products! Cheers.

In reply to an earlier post on 8 May 2013 02:48:28 BDT
I agree with you, please let us know if you do find any decent vac bags, thanks.

In reply to an earlier post on 8 May 2013 15:50:11 BDT
Trev-R says:
Well Carol I have just edited my review and so far all the ones I have tried have not been as good as promised but the Poundland ones apart from the hanging bag, are just as good as the most expensive ones.

Posted on 12 Jun 2014 14:24:29 BDT
Hello our valuable customer ,

We are so sorry to know that you are facing a problem with our product.
Please tell us your order id and we will be able to help you quickly.
As your case is under our guarantee policy, so you will be eligible for a free set + partial or full refund.
Thank you for your understanding.

Mahmoud Sayed