27 of 28 people found the following review helpful
The famous Tosca on Blu-ray,
Verified Purchase(What is this?)
This review is from: Puccini: Tosca- In the Settings and at the Times of Tosca [Blu-ray]  [Region Free] (Blu-ray)
Since it was televised Live in the early '90 I have recorded this wonderful production from the TV several times. Being a great opera lover and a great Puccini fan I have also bought the original VHS and the original DVD. Lately i have decided to buy this newly issued version on Blu-ray BUT I must admit that I was disappointed on several aspects.
1. Picture quality is the same as the DVD. Nothing better.
2. The presentation is nothing to be compared with the version on DVD which is much more beautifully presented with a hard-bound booklet and a nice box.
3. The audio in this Blu-ray version is only PCM Stereo whereas the one on DVD includes 5.1 dts and 5.1 Dolby Digital.
4. The aspect ratio of the picture in the blu-ray version is 4:3 whereas in the DVD version it is 16:9 Anamorphic Wideescreen.
5. The DVD version includes interesting interviews wheras thisblu-ray version includes only the opera.
Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 13 Jun 2013 09:55:46 BDT
T. Wei says:
Is this 4:3 BD cropped? In other words does the DVD widescreen version contain more picture info at the sides?
I can't find the old DVD version listed here, only the VHS. On Amazon.com the same version as the BD will be released on DVD (ASIN: B00C70FH8G) soon but again no old DVD listed.
In reply to an earlier post on 16 Jun 2013 17:08:18 BDT
The DVD is by Rada Film and if I remember well I bought it from Italy some 2 years or so ago.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›