Perfect for Interval Training, Tabata training, and timed stretches, rest, etc,
This review is from: Gymboss Interval Timer & Stopwatch GB2010 BLACK SOFTCOAT (Electronics)
I bought the GymBoss timer after seeing it used by a personal trainer doing interval training. The product arrived promptly and as described. Make sure you pay attention to the 'requires AAA battery' line as I had forgotten to get some batteries and had to pop out to get some when the timer arrived. The vibrate function is invaluable as, when I trained with the timer at the gym, I found that some people were disturbed by the loud alarm, whereas the vibrate is powerful enough to signal the beginning/end of intervals. The clip works well, even when I skip with the timer clipped to the waist of my shorts.
I have used it for the following:
- Basic 50s/10s intervals/rest exercises which I have done with my wife (following something on BodyRock with my wife)
- Timed rests after sets of free weights (set to vibrate at gym)
- Timed 2min/20s (or so) stretch/rests for stretching (following Mobility Wod)
- Timing my 'one minute max' (without someone else to time me) for skipping training (3s or 5s count down for first interval, then 1 min for second interval)
- An egg-timer that clips to my waist so that I don't have to worry about missing the timer in the kitchen
All in all, it's definitely worth the price and is a good product.
That said, I would buy an updated version if it had the following (depending on how much the price changed, of course):
- As another reviewer mentioned, it would be great if you could have one set of on/off intervals followed by another, e.g., set for 50/10 for 10 intervals followed by 30/30 for another 10 intervals (though, this may complicated the set-up a bit)
- It would be great if it had a 'memory' for a few pre-set intervals that you could switch between easily, rather than having to adjust the timer each time you wanted to use it.
Location: Northampton, MA, USA
Top Reviewer Ranking: 26,261