3.0 out of 5 stars Poor Kindle editing, 7 Aug 2011
This review is from: As the Crow Flies (Kindle Edition)
I first read this story when it was originally published. I had a hankering to read it again so purchased it for my Kindle. What a disappointment!

Whoever proof-read this needs their eyes examining and their language skills thoroughly checked - there are many instances of typographical errors, a distinct lack of correct paragraphing and several places where "cut and paste" have been used with abandon. It also appears that a predictive text program has been used as there are some very odd words popping up which bear no resemblance to the actual one required. These are the errors I have spotted having only read 35% of the book!

The story itself is very good, hence why I wanted to read it again but the very poor presentation of the Kindle edition is making this extremely hard work.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 27 May 2012 11:23:11 BDT
Carl Hughes says:
Sadly this is typical of many Kindle books. In numerous cases some paragraphs are indented while others are not, spelling and grammatical mistakes abound, punctuation is all awry and the overall product is generally shoddy. This kind of thing would never be tolerated in a printed book and I see no reason why we should accept it electronically either.

In reply to an earlier post on 9 Jun 2012 20:42:26 BDT
Thank you, I was considering buying a Kindle that I would not use a lot, not any longer, books seem to still be the better option though Amazon allowing these errors surprises me.

Posted on 12 Jun 2012 08:51:24 BDT
Nearly a year on and nothing's changed. Just finished the book and it's buggy as anything. You've got to ask what the publishers are getting paid for.

Posted on 28 Jun 2012 10:44:03 BDT
libby says:
Having just read this on kindle I have to agree with all the comments made. Hope other Jeffrey Archer books on kindle are not going to be the same! I must add that this is the first time that I have experienced this.

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Sep 2012 10:33:30 BDT
Please don't let my review put you off owning a Kindle or other e-reader. I have had mine for just over a year now and I love it. It has opened my eyes to new authors through the downloading of free stories; broadened my reading horizons and 99% of the books I have downloaded have been good quality. Oh, and I read a lot more now than I did with a physical book. I hadn't realised how stuck in a rut I had got with my choice of reading material until I bought my Kindle.

Posted on 23 Sep 2012 16:33:37 BDT
Morin Hope says:
Have to agree. I hadn't realised that Kindle prepare the books for digital distribution. I naively thought that the publisher made their digital version available. It will certainly make me think again about digital books.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.4 out of 5 stars (190 customer reviews)

Add to wishlist