2.0 out of 5 stars Too many issues with this case!, 16 Feb 2010
This review is from: Incipio Feather Case for iPhone 3G/3GS - Black (Wireless Phone Accessory)
After reading many reviews, I decided to go for this product. Initially, I was very impressed. The quality seemed good and it fitted my new iPhone 3Gs perfectly. I thought that it gave the phone adequate protection but unfortunately after several weeks of use, I have changed my mind. The rear, top and sides are protected well but the case does not give full protection.

Firstly there is an issue with the bottom edge of the case (the charger end). The bottom edge is left 'naked' by the case making the chrome edge visible. Even if you are very careful (trust me, I was), it is way too easy to scratch the chrome edging when inserting the charger.

The second major issue with the case is that it does not protect the front edges of the phone as the wrap-around edges are not raised above screen level. This means that 2mm of the chrome edge is visible. So if you drop your phone on its front, you are more likely to damage the screen and/or chrome edges.

The other problem with the case is that it allows dust to gather around the edges of the case. I removed the case after several weeks and discovered that there are scratches all around the chrome edges of the phone. On closer inspection, I discovered that dust was trapped between the case and the sides of the phone. The friction of everyday use caused the dust to rub against the chrome edges of the phone. This was the final straw for me!

After using the product for about 8 weeks, I decided to change the case and went for the Switch Easy Capsule Neo Plastic Hard Case. I now have 100% protection and my phone looks even better with the case on! I now have sufficient protection including near the charger area and don't have to worry about scratching the phone when inserting the charger.

The case comes with an added bonus of one headphone protector and one charger protector which prevents dust from damaging the connectors. The case also comes with a screen protector and the enclosed mini stand is very useful.

The case resolves the issue with `dust trapping' because it comes with a protective membrane which prevents dust from seeping through to the sides of the phone.

Furthermore, the case addresses the issue with side/front protection as the front edges are raised. It's a tad more expensive but in my opinion but it's engineered to perfection and well worth the extra. I have never looked back and my only regret is that I did not purchase this in the first place. Go for the Switch Easy Capsule Neo Plastic Hard Case, you won't regret it!

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]