1 of 1 people found the following review helpful
A really neat device,
This review is from: PURE Siesta Flow, DAB/FM/Internet Clock Radio (Electronics)
I have bought four of these for the children as they have a lot of features and work quite well.
- very readable display with several lines of text. For example when listening to DAB you see quite a lot of the radio station's text information on one screen and don't have to switch to a different display mode to see it. I had a DAB radio in our bedroom which had a dark bluey-white display and it was practically unreadable unless viewed front on. The display on these units are excellent at a range of angles and in various light conditions.
- it is excellent having the ability to listen to DAB, streamed audio files from any DLNA server on your wifi network not to mention internet radio. There's FM and aux in too.
- the USB socket on the side is useful for charging mp3 players, phones etc
- there are four very customisable alarms and you can even set it to wake to a particular radio station rather than just the last one you were listening to. This means you could go to sleep listening to some streamed MP3 music and wake up to Radio 4 news.
- The sleep timer goes up in increments of 15 minutes up to 90 which is easily sufficient for most people.
- the touch sensitive buttons do take getting used to and it is a bit fiddly typing in text or the wifi key for example (the latter only needs to be done once). However it's probably the best you can do with a device like this and it works well enough. The best way to use the device is to set up play lists for DLNA material and favourites for internet radio via "The Lounge".
- the speakers are small and get a bit distorted when turned up full but given their size they sound pretty good. I should mention that there's a headphone/line out socket which gives you the option of bigger speakers if required.
- I personally don't like the shape as it makes the unit deeper than it need be requiring a deeper shelf to put it on.
Overall these are fantastic devices and I couldn't recommend them highly enough. I had a problem with one of them and Pure provided very helpful technical support and fast turn around for repair.