3 of 10 people found the following review helpful
Old dog, new tricks,
Amazon Verified Purchase(What is this?)
This review is from: Assassin's Creed 3 (Nintendo Wii U) (Video Game)Assassins Creed 2 will always remain one of my fav games yet I skipped Brotherhood and Revelation. However when Nintendo announced AC3 would be coming to Wii U, i thought i would give it another go...
+ Graphics are terrific, really beautiful when looking over the frontier.
+ Slick animations and a combat system similar to Arkham City
+ Plenty of content from:
1) Naval missions-honestly, Ubisoft, get started on a new game for these alone. Graphics are phenomenal, missions vary from escorts, raid, sink/destroy etc, the lighting, the weather dynamics and overall realism is fantastic. Really addictive too.
2)Hunting wildlife which is very challenging especially against bears, wolves and cougars. Similar to Red Dead Redemption.
3) Liberation missions/assassination contracts/message couriers/taking over forts and much more...
+ Interesting cut-scenes and fairly realistic characters. Connor is not as bad as other reviewers have made out to be, give it time and he's alright...
+ Good use of the gamepad: map/equipment selection/playable on the game pad
+ Locations vary from Boston, New York, the Frontier, Homestead and the sea for naval missions
- It took around five hours to actually become Connor and another two to get the assassin outfit and gear due to the story being in two halves and training. Prior to that, the missions were good but I prefer to jump in as connor and begin...
- Glitchy though not as bad as the ps/xbox 360 version for examples characters lip not moving or being 'invisible'
- Backgrounds are very blurry in cut-scenes which is slightly off putting
- Traversing the locations is a chore, especially the frontier
- Too much of 'go here, cut-scene, load, walk here, cut-scene, load etc
- Story really needs changing in the case of Desmond, i mean really....
Overall, pleased to see a series like this finally make its way on to a Nintendo console but personally, hyped up too much and I wouldn't really recommend paying for this version when its much cheaper on the ps/360
Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 19 Dec 2012 14:24:06 GMT
John Potter says:
"Too much of 'go here, cut-scene, load, walk here, cut-scene, load etc" You've played Assassin's Creed before, right?
1/5 people found this useful...
In reply to an earlier post on 23 Dec 2012 10:46:27 GMT
[Deleted by Amazon on 4 Dec 2013 10:10:42 GMT]
Posted on 1 Jan 2013 12:51:05 GMT
V. Fernandes says:
I thought it was a fair review. A question to the reviewer, like you, I have also only played assassins 2 before, how do the graphics compare? I've heard the assassins 3 is not as good as 2 overall, thats the reason I was waiting for a price drop. If at least the graphics are great then it might be worth it when the price drops.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›