5.0 out of 5 stars The best indoor aerial made !, 7 Oct. 2008
This review is from: SLX Gold digiTop Amplified High Performance Indoor Aerial for TV (UHF/Freeview), FM Radio, DAB Radio, Wideband (Accessory)
My 4 year old Mini Portable TV is really good - I use it in the bedroom at home and also in my Touring Caravan BUT it is only Analogue - which it picks up beautifully with an excellent picture. I've been determined not to have too ditch it in 2009 when the switch over happens.

Having bought an excellent little portable Freeview box = a 'Tvonics' (it works on Mains & 12 Volt + connects to NON Scart TVs too) I assumed I was now sorted - however try as I might with my existing portable aerial I could not pick up anything Aaaaagh !

Damn the Digital switchover !

Then I heard about this little Aerial - I connected everything up & waited for the box to search & find the Digi channels while I jiggled with the Aerial's position ....Bah Humbug still no Digital :-(

Well I thought, let's try it with the Aerial on it's side ............ Bingo - just a couple of attempts & I'd found the right direction & 40 odd Digi channels.

Fine tune the Aerial position & use the Bias control for best Amplification and for the very 1st time I'm watching portable Digi TV and receiving even more Channels too :-)

I haven't had a chance to try it in the Caravan on a site yet, but 've high hopes that it's going to work well in most locations.

Definately a great Aerial for picking up digital - - just one point too watch - as the main 'blade' of the Aerial is glass you can't risk knocking it about too much, but treated sensibly it will serve you well.

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]