5.0 out of 5 stars Playbook 64gb, 23 Sept. 2012
This review is from: BlackBerry PlayBook 64GB Black - tablets (Slate, BlackBerry Tablet OS, Black, 2.1+EDR, 1024 x 600 pixels, Multi-touch) (Personal Computers)
This is a great 7 inch tablet, had it a few weeks now, plenty of apps if your an app head then there isn't as many as the ipad app selection, to me there are more than enough, i bought it to surf the net, use my email, watch the odd film(very smooth and great quality picture), and listen to music and watch you-tube video(extremely fast and smooth operation btw), with the odd app thrown in, so it covers all my bases and does everything i need perfectly, its been updated to version 2.1(very easy to do), and i really cannot fault it, the way everything works is very good and smooth with no problems so far, only took me a short time to go through everything i needed to configure, email, IM etc, i use the IM+ app to use my yahoo messenger on it, works flawlessly, these are going very cheep if you look around and worth every penny, i got my one for £129 and at that price you can get 4 of these for the price of one 64gb ipad3, its a no brainer to me, there is the new kindle firehd but this will cost you more and you cannot get a 64gb version and the playbook is easily as good as the fire, probably better considering the playbook 64gb used to retail for £550, a real sturdy well made quality product, you wont be disappointed, and if you want 10 billion apps, 10000 of which are very similar in each category then go for an ipad and pay 4 times the price, personally i like the 7 inch screen and the playbook store has plenty of apps for me, perfect for my use, highly recommended.

Performance,
Cameras 9/10.
OS 10/10.
screen 10/10.
sound 10/10.
headphone sound 11/10 very good and i'm fussy about this.
apps 7/10 for app addicts, 10/10 for ordinary folk.
you tube video playback 10/10.
battery 9/10 would be 10 but no device ever has enough battery, it was left on standby with wifi switched on and checking emails a few times a day, still had over 80% after 4 days from 100% charge, that will do me.
storage 10/10 64gb is brilliant, plenty for most people.
touch screen response and pinch to zoom etc 10/10.
internet browsing and flash playback is spot on, 10/10.
music player 10/10
charge time 8/10 there is a fast charger available, just leave it on charge at bed time and it is 100% by get up time.
build quality 11/10, very sturdy, feels quality and looks great.
multitasking 11/10, true multitasking, better than ipad 3 imo as reference.

well that's my opinion and i hope it help you decide what tablet to spend your hard earned on, i didn't think twice about this one after checking it out for a few hours online reading reviews and considering the price i could get one from at a certain well known computer shop, and check out the playbook tips and trick video's on you-tube to get you up and running quickly if you end up buying one of these great tablets, I'm well happy with mine.

ps, i find it amazing you can get something this good for £129(look around), considering i bought a 4gb memory card a few years ago and that alone cost me over £90.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 6 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 22 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 30 Nov 2012 16:41:09 GMT
Railroader says:
Well said...All true !!.. I have been nothing but happy with the two I bought..My 64G was only £119.00. Another. Thing to consider is the market place for apps has grown massively since the price dropped for the PlayBook and sales increased..All in all I love my Playbook...And as as a massive plus?!! I can fit it in hotel safes..which you can't. Do with an Ipad...

Posted on 13 Dec 2012 13:26:03 GMT
I love my Playbook don't get me wrong, but I'm no apphead. As long as I have Angry Birds, Plants vs Zombies and a good Twitter client I'm happy but the app selection in BB app world is woeful. It's such a shame, a beautifully made, powerful tablet with a fantastic interface but no apps, and what apps are there are massively overpriced compared to Amazon, Android and iPhone.

RIM needs the software to back up it's excellent hardware. Such a shame. That's where this tablet will fall.

I share your enthuisasm with the tablet on it's own disregarding

Posted on 22 Dec 2012 00:32:36 GMT
I'm in a weird place in that I love my iPad2 but love my 64gb play book equally. iPad is intuitive and easy and beautiful but BB is solid and loveable too. Good size for pocket. Personally. Fills my gap:-)

Posted on 9 Jan 2013 13:39:43 GMT
muz says:
A brilliant bit of kit - and with BB10 coming at the end of Jan 2013, even more reason to buy. I'm so glad I did. Wirelessly transfer files from PC to PB with little fuss, emails set up without having to do much beyond entering my email address and password - it then did the rest. Video playback is fantastic, browser is pretty much faultless, audio playback is quality - can't praise it enough. AND 64g HD! Love it! More apps can be sideloaded from android apps (easy - just look a little online for help (goodereader, crackberry, etc.).

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Jan 2013 23:37:47 GMT
Hello railroader where can you get it for £119.00 please. Mike.

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Jan 2013 15:29:51 GMT
Last edited by the author on 23 Jan 2013 15:30:27 GMT
WT Mitchell says:
Look to amazon

Posted on 21 Mar 2013 12:12:23 GMT
Hi
I would like to buy this tablet for my daughter and since she read a lot do you know if it is compatible with kindle Amazon application?

Thanks a lot

sonia

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Mar 2013 13:45:58 GMT
Last edited by the author on 21 Mar 2013 14:18:17 GMT
Railroader says:
http://t.crackberry.com/how-get-amazon-kindle-your-blackberry-playbook....Have a look at this Sonia.But unless you have luck with the above link..Then no!! At the moment.

In reply to an earlier post on 31 Mar 2013 04:48:50 BDT
Last edited by the author on 31 Mar 2013 04:49:50 BDT
I don't know if anyone replied to you Sonia but yes there is a Kindle app for the playbook which works better than the android one. I have it on my playbook.

Posted on 13 Apr 2013 11:24:35 BDT
Tequila says:
Thank you for your review! It really does get all the points..me neither-not an app fan...but one: skype. Could I easily download skype(for free?) on the playbook and is it working?
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›