5.0 out of 5 stars Genius, 9 May 2012
This review is from: Dancer In The Fire: A Paul Brady Anthology (Audio CD)
Amazing album from Irelands own "Jackson Brown". Every single track on this is full of memories, vitality and warmth. I was at his concert last night and he was outstanding. Its the kind of event that made me want to contact every single person I know afterwards and share with them the wonder of a magical occasion like this. They dont come along very often.

I knew quite quickly the night was going to be special,I turned up without a ticket, got talking to an Irish/Polish & English couple in the queue who both wanted me to take spare tickets they happened to have. Paul Brady people, the best in the world.

The gig was superb, he did lots of the older stuff and it took me right back to the first time I heard Paul play, he delivers every song with the same zest like he wrote them yesterday. Not forgetting the superb choice of Eleanor McEvoy as his support, another legend.

He did some very old numbers as well from his folk past like the "jolly soldier" & some of his cracking ballads.

Such is his power and personality on stage its difficult to put into words unless one was there, he is getting better as he ages, a titan of the music scene and a songwriter par excellcence.

Paul is the chronicler of our times, without people like him we lose sight of who we are now, where we were and where we want to be.

My favourties "crazy dreams" & "nothing but the same old story", buy this album, you wont regret it, and Paul, keep on going, we need you now more than ever.

[Add comment]