5.0 out of 5 stars He's done it again!, 5 July 2010
This review is from: Rough Justice: The 7th Spider Shepherd Thriller (Spider Shepherd Thrillers) (Paperback)
I am a big Stephen Leather fan and have followed Dan "Spider" Shephard from his first appearence in Hard Landing. My favourite book in this series so far has been Soft Target, which was my first ever book by this author and it had me gripped from the start.
I was worried that this book was covering very similar ground and was just a re-jig of a story already done... However I was pleased to see I was wrong and it was a different path to that book. I wont go over the plot in too much detail as I don't want to give any spoilers but suffice to say it takes some interesting twists and continues the prose very nicely.

I was really dis-appointed when Mike "Joker" Cramer was killed off in a previous series of books and I hope Mr Leather doesn't make the same mistake again..!? The ending of this leads nicely into a different path for the characters and could really refresh the series.

My only gripe is having a chapter of Nightfall at the back of the book... Why!? I have that book and really enjoyed it but don't see the point of this other than a marketing ploy?

But apart from that another top read 5 stars - keep them coming!!

Mr Leather I know you read these reviews, I know the Shephard series is popular but I also loved one offs like the tunnel rats and birthday girl, are there any "ones offs" due out and also when is the next Nightingale book due out??

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 8 Jul 2010 06:25:48 BDT
[Deleted by Amazon on 31 Dec 2010 12:17:53 GMT]

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Jul 2010 18:08:39 BDT
Nick Brett says:
Stephen,
I love the idea of the female chief inspector book - put me down for one!
Nick

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Nov 2010 17:32:46 GMT
Man I can't believe you actually get back to people on here, thats awesome. I'm about half way through the book at the moment after getting it yesterday, really enjoy the spider stories, I always picture the guy looking like jamie dravon from the ultimate force series that used to be on.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›