5.0 out of 5 stars Where She Went, 2 July 2011
This review is from: Where She Went (Paperback)
If I Stay was one of my favourite reads of 2009 - it was one of those books that became so much more than just the sum of it parts. It completely blew me away. When I heard there was going to be a sequel I have to admit I was excited but also worried - I just couldn't see how it could possibly compare. But how wrong was I to be even slightly concerned? I loved this one as much as If I Stay, maybe even more!

It's been 3 years since the events of If I Stay and Adam is now at the 'height' of his musical career. Famous, easily recognised he finds his success not what he thought it would be. And despite it being years since she left, Adam hasn't stopped loving Mia. When he finds himself stuck in New York for the night it leads to a meeting with Mia ...

I really like Adam in If I Stay but I absolutely adored him in this. There is just something so raw and brutally honest about his narration. He obviously misses Mia but it's more than that - he's still grieving for her family. I also found it interesting that he didn't like the fame that came with his success as a musician - that he no longer enjoyed what it was he loved about playing in the first place.

Mia was just as I remembered her and I enjoyed seeing her through Adam's eyes. Losing your whole family is impossible to conceive - and how you would continue your life after is equally unfathomable. I would imagine you would either embrace whoever is left in your life or lash out at them. I'm guessing cutting Adam out of her life must have been her way of lashing out. But everything she says - has done - makes complete sense.

The interaction between the two felt as if they were just picking up where they left off - and that fate brought them back together at just the right time. I just couldn't stop reading - I honestly felt as if I could have read forever and I had to know if these two characters would get a 'happy' ending.

A stunning sequel, beautifully written, with characters that will capture your heart. It is a story of loss and love - choosing how you want to live your life and having the courage to actually live it in the way you want.

A perfect companion to If I Stay - I absolutely loved it!

[Add comment]