22 of 22 people found the following review helpful
Good hoover but with hindsight i'd go for the DC39,
This review is from: Dyson DC38 Multi Floor Lightweight Dyson Ball Cylinder Vacuum Cleaner (Kitchen & Home)
I bought this hoover for my mum as she is 50 and can't carry heavy hoovers up and down stairs, we have 4 sets of stair in our 2 bedroom house.
First off let me start off with the positives:
- The suction is fantastic for such a small machine.
- The hoover is incredibly light and small.
- Included accessories are all that you will probably need.
- 5 year warranty is unrivaled and is fantastic for an electrical item in this day and age of 1 year warranties.
- With the "Dyson Ball" the hoover is so easy to move around in any direction and pulling along.
Now with the negatives for my case (live in 2 bed house lots of stairs + carpet)
- Sorry but the bin capacity of 0.58 liter is way toooooooo small. I have to empty it about 3 times in order to hoover the whole of my house as the maximum limit marked on the bin is easily reached. So frequent emptying is a bit annoying.
- The lead could be longer for a type of hoover than needs to do stairs etc. The DC39 has 6.5m vs the 5.0m in this DC38.
- There isn't much such from the outer sides of the hoover head, so to effectively hoover stuff you have to get the center of the hoover head on it...
Overall with hindsight I would have gone for the DC39 over this DC38 and would advise others too as well unless you have a really small house/flat for the following reasons:
- 4x bigger bin capacity - 2L vs 0.58 of the DC38 - You won't be emptying the hoover no where near as much
- Better hoover head that has brushes to adjust to wooden flooring - Wont scratch nice wooden floors and will pick up dust better
- Only roughly a kg heavier - Not too much heavier for how much more is in the DC39
- Longer power lead of 6.5m vs the 5.0m of the DC38 - Can hoover further away without having to keep changing plug sockets.
Hope this review helps other making a decision on the best hoover!!