3.0 out of 5 stars Not exactly as described on the packet., 2 July 2011
This review is from: Total Core Deluxe 360 Degree Core Workout (Sports)
When reading some of the reviews posted elsewhere for this product, anyone considering purchase might easily become confused by the diversity of views expressed with some people able to rate this as a 5 star product alongside others who give the lowest possible grade. I can only hope my own assessment will prove useful.

I have always enjoyed keeping seriously fit. Last year, however, (at the age of 61!) I really overdid things, seriously hurt my back and have been out of action for several months. Right now I am getting back into shape and just happened to see this product advertised on one of those late-night TV shopping channels and bought one. Overall, I am glad I did - though I do not believe the item is as good as described by the manufacturers (or that programme!).

The machine arrived in good order and was very (very!) easy to assemble. I immediately completed 40 sit ups and repeated the process a few hours later. The following day I was already doing 100 and not feeling the effects of over-strain. Whilst I may, therefore, have found these exercises relatively easy, I really did need the back-support this machine provides. I fully agree, therefore, with the comment about there being very little resistance for those who are used to doing sit-ups. Point being, even moderately fit people are not going to benefit from this machine because they will find it all far too easy and, for that reason, the product deserves a minimum One Star rating for not being exactly as described on the packet.

On the other hand, there are also those who are, perhaps, overweight, out-of-condition and have never done any sit-ups at all - ever! Plus those, who like me, who are trying to get back into the game after having been laid up. For these users I would give this product a 5 star rating (hence my in-the-middle 3 Star assessment) and a full recommendation if only because the spring-loaded back-rest really does help the user get started and continue with completing the required task.

As for further claims about that `Mr (or Mrs) Universe' body, I defy anyone at all to develop a personal set of designer Abs as promoted by the manufacturers from just using this machine. Life is not that simple and this device is not that good. It is, however, very good for those at the right level.

In summary, therefore, if you are reasonably fit, this is not for you and you should consider moving on in order to find something harder to suit your own strength. If, on the other hand, you need to do something about your personal fitness and are starting from absolute scratch, then I am quite certain you will benefit from regular (daily) use of this product - just start slowly and add a little more each day.

And good luck because anything is better than being a couch potato and it will not be long before you start to feel very good about yourself.

I hope this helps.

NM

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 3 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 16 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 27 Jul 2011 12:13:33 BDT
excellent review thanks, made my mind up about whether to buy or not

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Jul 2011 18:52:19 BDT
Last edited by the author on 27 Jul 2011 18:53:08 BDT
Hello M. Roberts.

That is just great and I really am pleased. Your comment is exactly why I try hard to make my reviews as accurate as possible.

Take care and best wishes.

Posted on 6 Sep 2011 06:06:01 BDT
GF says:
How come Ned purchased this (Total Core) and the Total Abs machine and gave exactly the same review???? Seems a bit fake.

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Sep 2011 09:05:18 BDT
Last edited by the author on 6 Sep 2011 09:24:16 BDT
Hello

Thank you for raising such an important point and I am sorry to have given you the wrong impression. I do try and give my reviews as wide a coverage as possible.

If you study the photos carefully, you will see that the two items to which you refer (plus "The complete core exercise machine") are all the same product. It seemed reasonable to me, therefore, to include my review for each item - although I would be happy to reconsider, should people disagree.

I hope this addresses your point.

With my very best wishes.

Posted on 1 Dec 2011 00:03:54 GMT
ak says:
why is this comment the same as for similar confidence total abs machine exerciser are these comments genuine? was considering purchase but am now unsure as I don't know if I can trust reviews.

In reply to an earlier post on 1 Dec 2011 09:18:14 GMT
Hello ak

You raise a fair point and, as I said in an earlier reply, if you study the photos of these `supposedly' different machines carefully, you will see that they are all the same product. It seemed reasonable to me, therefore, to include my review for each item in order to make my review as helpful as possible.

I hope this helps.

With my very best wishes.

Posted on 18 Nov 2012 02:18:25 GMT
cindy says:
As i was thinking of starting on a fitness programme, and as i am what you might call a C/P, the this machine seem a good way of getting me started doing some king of exercise. After reading this review it has helped me to decide, as the writer as exlpained warts and all which as a consumer we needs to see thing as they are to help make our minds up without trying the it first. A very good review. thank you.

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Nov 2012 10:08:07 GMT
Hello Cindy

Thanks for taking the trouble to comment. I hope the device works for you - and good luck!

Best wishes.

Posted on 6 Sep 2013 13:26:39 BDT
Vonni says:
A very extensive and helpful review. Thank you.

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Sep 2013 16:34:49 BDT
Hello Vonni

Thank you for the comment and for the positive vote. Reviews are supposed to be helpful and it's always nice to know when you get it right...

Thanks again and best wishes.

Ned
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›

Review Details

Item

Reviewer

Ned Middleton
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)

Location: British professional underwater photo-journalist & author