5.0 out of 5 stars Philips Whiter than White!, 27 Oct 2008
This review is from: Philips Sonicare HX6731/02 HealthyWhite Deluxe Rechargeable Toothbrush (Personal Care)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Fairly new to using an electric toothbrush really, well part from the Oral B one which is still going strong I hasten to add.

I was a little dubious about using this if I am honest (sonicare sounds more like one of those sonic bathroom/kitchen cleaning brushes, that are supposed to be quite lethal). But I was brave and can honestly say there was no blood! Just whiter looking teeth and it certainly does boost your confidence knowing that your teeth are clean and white, even if you are a red wine drinker like myself.

The one gripe I have with this toothbrush is the fact that it doesn't come with a adapter (two pin plug) and you must remember that not every bathroom has one of these. I found one from one of my other appliances, but for the cost of this I would have thought that one would come as standard! Come on Philip's you are letting your standards down on this one. You gain points in my estimation though as you give it a 2 year warranty! Plus a guarantee of noticeable results etc or a full refund, what more can you ask for!

The brush has three modes, clean, sensitive, clean and white and reslly is the most easiest thing to use. I have been using mine all week now and it still has power, eventually got used to the shape of it, as I have small hands and this is slightly bigger than the Oral B I am familar with. Also the brush head is more like the shape of a conventional toothbrush, not small and rounded like the previous one I have used. Yet I have to confess I am a fan, the feeling it leaves me with is that of having been to the dentist for a scale and polish, really clean, smoother feeling teeth (but with no dental fees!)

The instructions are clear and easy to follow, you must read these first as there is a method of using it at the begining which you really should follow!

I have noticed an improvement on an old crown where it was removed then filled, the tooth is brighter, and feels smooth when my tongue touches it.

It is also safe to use on teeth that are veneered, sensitive, implant material or even with braces, what cann't this be used on ? (false ones I think).
What I also like about it is the fact that it comes with different coloured rings so up to three people can use it (each with a different head of course) just buy the extra heads then you are away, and talking of that it does come with a travel case, so no more grubby brush on your trips.

The charger is not too big or bulky another plus if needing it to travel with or even if you are short of bathroom surface space. Plus it is easy to wrap the cord around, no tangles.

I have actually seen this item advertised in Company magazine as being the best if combined along dental floss and a good quality toothpaste, so rather than get a bleach/whitening kit pricey done at home or the dentist use this instead (a lot cheaper too).

This does what it says it should! An easy to use quality made product which actually delivers excellent results.

I have to keep smiling now just to show off my brighter looking teeth, they really do look like I have spent a fortune at the dentist, but no I have spent less than the cost of one dental checkup.

Will I go back to using my old brush, lets just say I have cleaned it up and put it away in the airing cupboard, as this Sonicare has convinced me this is the one!

It is the middle of January 2009 now and it is still going strong, have been using it now for the last 4 months and I can say that there is a big difference in the colour of my teeth (whiter).

Have just changed the head on the brush, an easy job to do. It does say to change the head every three months like you would a normal manual toothbrush, but I had flu so wanted that to clear up then start afresh with a new toothbrush head.

It still keeps its charge like at the start, charge it up and it lasts a full week.

So have been using this for a quarter of the year and wouldn't change anything about it.

As of May 2009 mine is still working, (fully functional) have read that a couple of others have had a problem after about 7 months. I suppose it is a bit like anything there is always going to be an odd one or two with a problem, whether this is down to the design or users not sure.

The big thing about this toothbrush is that it does come with a guarantee (2 years) so if you do get an issue with it, you can always get some help with it.

As I have raved about this toothbrush so much at home, my husband now wants to try one out ..... so either he thinks it does a pretty dammed good job, or he is just feed up of me going on about it!

[Add comment]