Stylish Kettle ...but some disappointments,
This review is from: Russell Hobbs 19144 Heritage Kettle, 1.8 L - Metallic Graphite Grey (Kitchen & Home)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
- I love the retro-meets-modern styling on this kettle - it's got the classic shape and sleek, modern gunmetal grey and chrome. The kettle looks really cool in our kitchen.
- 1.8L capacity so it's a good size kettle.
- You only need a feather light touch to turn the kettle on.
- No issues with the taste of the water.
- The cord is really short so you need to have it close to a socket or else you'll need an extension socket.
- It's got a bigger footprint compared to other (taller) kettles.
- It's relatively quick to boil but quite a bit noisier than previous kettles we've had.
- The water level is hard to read so you can't really tell how much water you've put in (or how much is left): a bigger "window" for the water level would have remedied this.
- The kettle is hard to clean, mainly because the opening at the top is really just too small.
- The kettle is not too heavy although the top handle feels a bit awkward when pouring.
More notable negative points that positives. It's a stylish kettle and it looks good but it's not the most practical of designs - it's things like not being able to read the water level and having a really small opening at the top, that prove to be bothersome inconveniences. It's such a good-looking kettle, I really thought I would be leaving a great review for it... a case of style over function I think.