1.0 out of 5 stars Good at first but then ........... disappointment, again & again & poor customer support, 1 Aug 2012
This review is from: Intex Ultra Plush Queen Size Airbed with Built in Electric Pump (66958) (Sports)
We were initially very pleased with this purchase and used it successfully during a period just after Purchase earlier this year. However upon setting it up in early June we were aware that it was deflating. Investigation revealed a small hole on the top of the mattress. Whilst it deflates quite slowly, it was nevertheless effectively useless because over the course of the night the occupants end up on the floor.
We contacted the seller, Outdoor Leisure Direct, & advised that we had not treated this mattress inappropriately and would appreciate a replacement. They responded to all our emails very promptly, which was good, but refused point blank to consider that this could be a manufacturing fault. Apparently, uniquely, this product never has manufacturing problems !
Finally they offered & sent a repair kit (which was actually an Intex pool repair kit). Surprisingly, this was successful.
However, in the last few days another leak has sprung in a similar place (ie on a "weld point"). This has also been repaired OK.

I fully expect more leaks for occur because I believe that there has been a fault in manufacture. The bed has been used by small people & has had careful use. The supplier has responded promptly but has been intransigent regarding the fact that this item is faulty.
Had I written a review in the first couple of weeks I would have given five stars but due to these problems it is down to two.

UPDATE 11 Aug 2012 - Third leak has developed in similar place (all have been at the foot of the bed, on the top). Repair Kit has worked again but fully expect further leaks to occur. Have asked supplier for a replacement as it seems clear that this bed is faulty.

UPDATE 25 Oct 2012 - Fourth leak developed again in similar place & again repair kit worked but it is now very apparent that this is a manufacturing fault. I have photographed the four repairs which clearly shows the pattern of failures and one can predict where the next fault will occur. On sending photos to the supplier, Outdoor Leisure Direct, they have curiously stopped replying to my emails (via Amazon). Previously they replied by return but seemingly faced with evidence of a manufacturing fault they are refusing to respond to my last four emails over the past 4 or 5 weeks. All we want is a replacement since these beds are really good & I am assuming that we just got a rogue one.

UPDATE: 2 Nov 2012 - Took this up with Amazon who really didn't want to know since it was over 30 days old. However they suggested that I contact the manufacturer, Intex, and provided a UK phone number. However, it turns out that the number was for Intex Finance & they apparently get several calls a week from Amazon customers. They say they contacted Amazon to tell of the error but Amazon keep giving out the wrong number. Anyway I swent back to Amazon and then they sent an email (from my account) asking Outdoor Leisure Direct to give me the number for Intex. They've done that now but, no prizes for guessing, this too is the wrong number.
I'm doubtful that Intex will be prepared to help even if I ever get to talk to them, but it is very poor that I keep being given the wrong number

UPDATE: 5 Dec 2012 - Finally spoke to Intex who advised that they only offer a 3 month warranty. However they said that since it is an electrical item (built in pump) then the supplier (Outdoor Leisure Direct) should provide a statutory 12 month warranty. Needless to say that despite repeated emails and phone call they are refusing to reply to me. Amazon themselves have phoned Outdoor Leisure Direct who have promised them that they will phone me but they have not. Amazon have proved sympathetic but ineffective.
I am now giving up. Will not buy from Amazon Marketplace suppliers again.

[Add comment]