5 of 5 people found the following review helpful
Another Samsung Product - Another Triumph!,
Verified Purchase(What is this?)
This review is from: Samsung S24C550VL 23.6 inch LED MHL Monitor (250cd/m2, 1920x1080, 2ms, 2x HDMI, MHL, VGA) (Accessory)
As most people do these days, I like to do lots of research on a product before I buy it. This monitor was no exception and I hope this review influences your decision in some way.
In case you're interested in finding out more about the monitor before you buy it i'll state what I did:
1. Simply look at the reviews on the page. (Some very helpful and detailed reviews are there)
2. Use the 'Ask a question' feature to find out answers for your own queries.
3. Look for other opinions on technology websites.
4. Lastly copy & paste the name and look for videos, which might help you get a better understanding.
Enough of the advice. Here's my personal review.
When searching for monitors, I wanted a few specific features to meet my needs. These were:
- 1920p x 1080p (Full HD)
- x 2 HDMI ports
- In-built speakers
- 2ms ~ 5ms response time
- 21" ~ 24" screen
- Budget of around £150
I came across this monitor and it seemed to good to be true. It was like a perfect match. Very rare to find this much functionality in a monitor at such a good price.
The picture quality is outstanding. Considering it's a pretty large monitor, the speakers are brilliant. I was worried about having to invest in external speakers but there is no need with this monitor. It seems very well built and is light yet sturdy. It looks very stylish and makes any room look modern.
There are some cons but nothing major, such as:
- Unable to tilt
- Can't adjust height
- Although this wasn't needed for me. This monitor has no VESA mount (Wall mounting)
- Lots of cables supplied but no HDMI cable
- This seems trivial to include but the menu is fiddly at first. It takes time to navigate the menus flawlessly.
Overall I think this monitor is worth 5 stars but not by a huge margin. Samsung have thought of everything but seemed to of forgot the simple features like adjusting the monitor's position.
Side note: One thing I have noticed is Amazon doesn't specify the Hertz. It's 60Hz @ 1920 x 1080 which can rise to 75Hz