This review is from: Toshiba Camileo P100 Full HD Video Camcorder (Electronics)
Dont waste your money on this product.
1. When you playback your video on the camcorder there are two annoying taskbars situated at the top and bottom of the screen which you cannot hide. This means your video is obscured in these areas. You cannot see whether you got the head, feet or sky or ground level shots correctly. Even though you CAN connect to the computer and remove the SD card and see what you have recorded in full screen on the computer, this is annoying and time consuming and when you are taking videos outside you are not carrying a computer are you! Such a bad design fault.
2. The screen sometimes freezes so the only thing you can do is remove the battery and reinstall it again to get it working.
3. The microphone pickup is terrible. There is so much background noise you can hardly hear what you want to hear. This is not good is it, especially when you are recording conversations etc. and you want to hear it back. I have to mute the sound when editing and replace it with something else. Not good if you are recording a wedding or party or anything live and you want to hear your mates talking.
4. The plastic cover protecting the USB port and HDMI port is awkward to remove. You have to have long fingernails or use something like a nail file to get under the top edge and remove it. Then it stays attached at the bottom via a small piece of plastic which I suppose stops you from losing it, but then it gets in the way when trying to connect the cable into the USB port. So I think this rubbish piece of plastic will have to be removed permantly, but then the ports will get damaged. Why they could not make it slidable I dont know!
5. Battery life is about 3 hours which easily runs out when you have to keep re-viewing your videos properly on the computer without those annoying taskbars in the way. Re-read statement one.
I spent my hard earned money on my first video camcorder and I am very disappointed. Waste of money.