5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely chilling., 25 Mar. 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: The New Rulers of the World (Hardcover)
Reading this book left me in a state of shock.
Like a lot of people, I always thought that 'we' were the good guys, and that our governments, while not whiter-than-white, were at least a fairly light grey. But the evil (there's no other word) perpetrated by our leaders, as described in this book, is of a type that I thought only existed in movies and the heads of conspiracy lunatics.
But Pilger outlines it, documented fact by documented fact.
I never cry, but I lost count of the times I wept as I read this book. For me, it's been a totally life-changing experience. The world I thought I knew has been turned totally upside down, and I'm left with the challenge of how to integrate this knowledge and DO something about it.
I'll end this review, because if I really start writing about the book, I won't know where to stop. But if you live in the Western World, you MUST read this book and discover what atrocities are being carried out in your name (and financed by your taxes). And it's a grave shock to find out that by purchasing products that are household names, you're helping to create a living hell for people who are already poorer than we can begin to imagine.
The book is very readable (and re-readable). I recommend it more highly than anything else I've read for years.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 23 Jan 2011 00:31:47 GMT
My new years promise to myself ,is to read everything i possably can which has been wrote by John Pilger.I have found him to be the most Honest journalist i have ever come across.He is the worlds foremost defender of the 'Truth;.

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Jun 2011 09:20:26 BDT
Last edited by the author on 2 Jun 2011 09:21:41 BDT

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Aug 2011 15:20:06 BDT
David Tiseo says:
Jesus christ, I didn't think we had religious Tea Party nutters over here in England. Now my world really has been turned upside down.

In reply to an earlier post on 17 Aug 2011 13:28:14 BDT
JWNRTJ says:
To say nothing of the genocide of the white race. As a black man I am astonished that white people celebrate immigration though it can only lead to their extinction. As for Pilger, I think white 'liberals' like him must get some kind of egotistical thrill out of hating their own. Great point about abortion. And I love the word 'indominably'. Whatever does it mean?

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Apr 2012 20:05:35 BDT
Last edited by the author on 13 Apr 2012 20:48:22 BDT
Reply toJWNRTJ

Most white Christian Englishmen 'celebrate immigration' rather as the Zulu celebrated joining the British Empire. The one genuine exception I know is a multi-millionaire farmer who'se entire workforce are Russian/Ukrainian. He swears by them, telling anyone who will listen how they work harder for less than British workers. Knowing the paltry wage he pays I can quite understand his reasoning BUT, looking to the bigger picture; I fear for the future stability of our society. Wages are so far out of balance with prices that millions of our fellow citizens cannot earn enough to feed/house a family, while short-sighted grasping employers are prepared to aid/assist the settlement of our homeland rather than pay their working-class brothers a decent wage. The result is a needless but ever escalating Welfare bill which all Governments are finding ever more difficult to pay. If/when the money runs out, the Capitalist West may well suffer a sudden collapse into bankruptcy/social chaos similar to that already endured by the Communist East.

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Mar 2014 14:06:14 GMT
What a douchey thing to say.

Posted on 19 Apr 2014 20:42:08 BDT
".... I'll end this review, because if I really start writing about the book, I won't know where to stop....." Hmmmm...... oh for heavens sake don't write about the book that's what readers myself included were hoping for ... oh perish the thought.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.5 out of 5 stars (63 customer reviews)

Used & New from: £0.01