4.0 out of 5 stars Does exactly what I want, 18 Jun 2011
This review is from: ARCHOS 28 4 GB Internet Tablet (Electronics)
I bought this for the price. I just happened to stumble upon it and thought I'd give it a go. I run my own business and therefore need to access the internet from wherever I am to deal with support calls and the like. Previously I took my laptop on holiday but now those days are past. No more lugging about expensive equipment.
The first thing I did was update the firmware which updated to the latest version of Android. I then installed ArcTools from the AppsLib which gave me Android Market.
I was able to install the Google Apps that I needed and they worked fine. The web browser supports the latest CSS and HTML standards and Javascript. It also supports plugins (Flash, etc.) although I haven't tested those.
As a bonus I found that when I installed Skype for Android I could make phone calls, this has a built in microphone you just need headphones on. This was a real plus.
I can't believe the technology I got here for the price. I was going to upgrade my phone to one of the new Android based ones but don't need to now.
Some apps don't work that I have downloaded so I haven't downloaded anything you pay for. But I've got Angry Birds for the kids and a great toy for myself.
Excellent value for money.
Be sure to charge before use, I thought mine was DOA but I left it in and it worked.
I knock off a star because not all apps have worked on it, I would have expected them to. But there are so many and all the important stuff works.

[Add comment]