4.0 out of 5 stars VTech InnoTab, 26 Sep 2011
This review is from: Vtech InnoTab (Blue) (Toy)
I finally got this for my daughters 3rd birthday, although it is advised for 4 to 9 years old as like every other farther I believe my child is advanced for her age. 30 min after she opened it up she was playing with it without any help from me. There are a few games and an eBook already installed, although by signing up to Vtech I received 3 Virtual coins allowing me to purchase 3 more items of my choice.
The Downloadable Games Books are great value for money, all being 2.99 (This may change when new downloads are available).
Tips:
Make sure you have some rechargeable batteries (4*AA) but I would recommend 8 with 4 on charge whilst 4 in use.
There is a Power Supply & in car charger may be advisable to get.
Make sure you have a SD Card to put your child's Music,Photo's, downloaded games on to, the innotab will take up to 16GB and some people have said that 2GB is enough I don't agree for the extra couple of pounds get as big as you can.
You can also play Video's on this device but I have yet to find anywhere that advises what format it will accept (Waiting feedback from VTech).
Overall:
This is a fantastic toy for my Daughter and I would recommend it to anyone.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 18 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 21-30 of 30 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on 9 Nov 2011 19:58:43 GMT
C. Devine says:
I have asked vtech this question direct. If you buy from america it will be american spelling but if you buy british it will be our english spelling

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Nov 2011 15:47:41 GMT
hi Sarah

Ive bought this just recently and managed to convert down into the avi format with free software off the web. Just type in Free DVD converter into Google and there should be some software around. Then simply load up your dvd, and let it read the disc, then set up the compression settings. In the manual that comes with the Innotab there is a paper booklet, in there are the settings for the compression. I think its something like 480 x 272 in wide and height, 15 frames per second and the bit rate. Audio should be mono and 22khz.
If there is an option in the converter software for the type of compression used then choose MJpeg and leave Audio on natural. Then make the .AVI file.

When you plug in the Tab to your pc via the USB cable and turn it on (making sure the memory card is already in) then it will show up as an external drive (you dont need any Innotab software fired up) and in that drive you will see folders "Video".."Music".."Pictures". Simply drag the movie you have converted into the Video folder, let it copy then switch off the Tab and unplug from the computer. Then fire up the Tab and go into Videos, your new movie should be in there. I've managed to do a few episodes of my childs favourite dvds like this on a 8gb card i got from Amazon. if you want more information let me know.

Posted on 4 Dec 2011 13:16:55 GMT
Claire says:
hi ive just purchased one of these for my grandaughter (5) i have just ordered a power adapter and an 8g memory card, i cant however get on to the website to download my 3 free coins and register with the learning log. Ant suggestions as id like it to bee all up and running for christmas for her.
Many thanks Claire x

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Dec 2011 21:37:09 GMT
Last edited by the author on 10 Dec 2011 21:38:16 GMT
J. R. Childs says:
Hi, have you been to the correct web address I.e www.vtechuk.com/download

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Dec 2011 15:58:34 GMT
Claire says:
i will try again now i have sd card,all i get is webpage cannot be displayed, i will try the address you have given me, many thanks

Posted on 12 Dec 2011 13:18:21 GMT
hawth84 says:
Cheapest I have found is at Toys R us for 79.99, link provided..

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Dec 2011 21:20:56 GMT
can you tell me what type of power adaptor you bought as there are a few different types?

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Dec 2011 12:57:47 GMT

I bought my adapter from Dig Dave and it works great.

Posted on 22 Dec 2011 08:37:45 GMT
Chris Wilmot says:
Anyone who is still having problems converting videos to play on this then please see the youtube link below.

Posted on 22 Jan 2012 10:09:12 GMT
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›

Review Details

Item

3.8 out of 5 stars (92 customer reviews)

Used & New from: 25.00