44 of 46 people found the following review helpful
Good product, but a couple of minor issues,
This review is from: Pure Contour 100Di Dock for iPhone/iPad/Compatible iPods with DAB Digital/FM Radio (Accessory)
I bought this product as a bedside clock radio that could be an iPad dock as well. Here's my thoughts:
1) The digital radio is good and clear with strong reception (I had trouble with an older Pure radio a few years ago, so was slightly worried about this). Even with the extendible aerial folder away it has several bars on the signal strength indicator.
2) The sound quality is good to my ears. I'm not a real audiophile and not playing the most complex music, but it is certainly good quality and a lot better than my old Sony Clock radio
3) The storage for the remote is nicely done
4) It's nice and simple to operate with the remote and (for once) the manual is good and covers all the bases and is written in proper English rather than something roughly translated from Chinese.
5) The options around setting the 2 alarms are good, with variable snooze times, option to have alarm only on weekdays. etc. A good balance between flexibility and complexity.
6) The Pure Lounge App is pretty decent and gives you pretty quick access to a good selection of content. Really does make this a pretty fully featured internet radio.
7) I like the look and feel and it seems robust and well made and the finishes are good. I particularly like the rotating iPod/iPhone/iPad dock - nicely done and certainly not flimsy like some.
1) For me the biggest flaw is that there is no snooze button on the main unit itself. This means you have to grab the remote and find the snooze button in the dark in order to set it to snooze. They could have made one of the 6 buttons on top double as a snooze button, but unfortunately not - all of them just turn the alarm off. A bit frustrating as this is quite an important feature on a bedside alarm. I think we'll live with it, but I wish they'd thought this through properly...
2) The lounge app is really an iPhone app, so looks a bit rubbish on the iPad, but certainly usable.
In conclusion, if you can cope with the snooze button issue (perhaps you don't like to snooze?), then this is a really great product. I do like the product overall and I am sticking with it and just learning where the snooze button is on the remote by touch!
Tracked by 2 customers
Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 28 Jan 2012 14:25:01 GMT
N. Goodwin says:
Useful review, thanks. What concerns me however is what happens if you (or the kids) lose the remote? It looks like the radio can't be operated, is that the case?
Posted on 17 Feb 2012 21:53:28 GMT
Last edited by the author on 17 Feb 2012 21:54:57 GMT
The snooze function (only via remote and not a button on the device) is a deal breaker for me. I've contacted PURE asking for them to update the software to add this functionality in a software update. You can also ask here http://support.pure.com/newticket.php
As with all these requests, the more people who vote, the more likely the functionality will be added.
If you wish to let them know too, it would be great. Thank you.
PS And anyone else who's potentially put-off by the lack of this (basic) functionality, please let them know too!
Posted on 25 Apr 2012 11:34:17 BDT
A Hibberd says:
We really appreciate your feedback, as a result of customer feedback we've just released v1.3 which doubles up the favourites key as a snooze button on the device. You can download it from the Pure support site. Hope you like it.
In reply to an earlier post on 3 Dec 2012 21:41:26 GMT
[Deleted by the author on 3 Dec 2012 22:01:26 GMT]
Posted on 24 Jul 2013 21:06:43 BDT
does the alarm allow the radio to wake you up or just a normal alarm beep?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›