4.0 out of 5 stars One handy installation guide, 9 Jan. 2012
This review is from: Wireless IP camera Pan/Tilt 2-ways Audio Mobile Viewing WEP/WPA/WAP2 wireless Wi-Fi Pan/Tilt internet IP camera day and night vision CCTV security monitor built-in microphone and speaker allow you to communicate with people directly support mobile phone viewing (Camera)
No matter how much I would like to give 5 stars for the price and the built quality; but the only 2 minuses (no zoom) and bad documentation do not allow me to give it 5 stars as it is not directed to the average user. No wonder some guys here gave it 1-2 stars that is 'cause they didn't manage to get it working and I don't blame them.

That said I still luv this handy little cam. Well worth the money, depending the use you want it. It can watch a whole room effectively if placed high but remember it has no zoom [UPDATE 28 JAN --> Not seen it myself but one guy that I helped told me that apparently there is an app on the iphone called ipcam which can ZOOM!! That's will be amazing but again I've not seen this with my own eyes]. Impressive infra-red as other people mentioned, I have to admit in pitch black and the image is P E R F E C T!

After 4-5 hours of tinkering I managed to get it going in Wireless Lan Mode and I accessed it successfully over the Internet with my mobile! It is a little gem for £40 you won't find any better. I totally disagree with one guy who says it loses wireless signal, tried it in a home with thick walls to withstand a 6,7 Richter quake and the camera NEVER LOST SIGNAL for over 2 years now!! And that is over 2 floors.

Someone else mentioned that he had to pay DYNDNS in order to access the camera over the Internet. That's absolute rubbish. You can use no-ip to set an account. You don't need DYNDNS.

Overall I'm really happy with my purchase and looking forward to discover more features. I have a 10 page file that I 've tried to upload through the 'video review' link here; but to no avail. Can someone in Amazon help me to upload my word file? It is a handy guide of how to install this camera over WLAN and Internet. I tried through the video section but it rejects it.

My kind regards to everyone,

If anyone wants any help, please feel free to message me here and I 'll give you my email address or alternatively I can install the camera for you remotely over a weekend if you still find it hard! No pro!

And NO! I don't own or have shares in the company;) I have a job thank you! I just do it because I like learning new stuff and helping people :)

PS. (update April 2013)

I've noticed that this cam is now advertised by Amazon with a built-in mic and speakers. I had one user asking me on how to setup this but as far as I know
there are NO audio settings at all for this model! Beware then as if you are buying the camera with the intend to use audio! If you know anything more on this or want to share your experience configuring the audio; please post here.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 43 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 41-50 of 756 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on 22 Apr 2012 00:49:16 BDT
Last edited by the author on 2 May 2012 16:14:23 BDT
Brilliant! Thanks I will try that. It is [deleted]

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Apr 2012 16:34:59 BDT
Last edited by the author on 22 Apr 2012 16:37:26 BDT
El Greco says:
I've just emailed you the guide. Let me know if it helped or if u get stuck. It will be also useful if u want additional info to tell me your router model and number. Like NetGear WNR1000 for example.

Good luck!

Posted on 2 May 2012 14:47:24 BDT
A. A. Morris says:
can you please email me your setup guide about the no-ip settings as I am having difficulty.

- ampmcomputingsolutions@gmail.com

Many thanks

- Aaron

In reply to an earlier post on 2 May 2012 15:19:52 BDT
Hi Aaaron,

Will email you shortly mate, let me know if you still have any difficulties.

Take care

In reply to an earlier post on 2 May 2012 16:08:52 BDT
A. Vaughan says:
Thank you for the guide - I seem to have different software than what you are referring to in the guide but with a bit of trial and error I managed to get it working remotely - fantastic!

In reply to an earlier post on 2 May 2012 16:10:59 BDT
El Greco says:
Some other guys here mentioned the same thing. Since I wrote the guide the software has changed slightly but the core modules are still the same ;) Glad I was of some help mate! Well done :)

In reply to an earlier post on 2 May 2012 16:15:16 BDT
A. Vaughan says:
The only difference to camera functionality that I can see is that though the option to turn off the IR emitters is there it is greyed out and cannot be changed - a bit of a pain if you have it pointed out of a window at night.

In reply to an earlier post on 2 May 2012 16:21:54 BDT
El Greco says:
Good to know. Thanks for the tip! It is really annoying when things you want to activate/de-activate they are just GREYED out..It sucks:)

Posted on 6 May 2012 21:00:33 BDT
Just got this Ip camera, would really appreciatre your set-up guide.
my email address is jag.samra@btopenworld.com

In reply to an earlier post on 6 May 2012 21:23:10 BDT
Hi there Jag,

I am just emailing you the guide right now.

Let me know if you get stuck somewhere.

Good luck