ARRAY(0xa69b7060)

4.0 out of 5 stars One handy installation guide, 9 Jan 2012
This review is from: Wireless IP camera Pan/Tilt 2-ways Audio Mobile Viewing WEP/WPA/WAP2 wireless Wi-Fi Pan/Tilt internet IP camera day and night vision CCTV security monitor built-in microphone and speaker allow you to communicate with people directly support mobile phone viewing (Electronics)
No matter how much I would like to give 5 stars for the price and the built quality; but the only 2 minuses (no zoom) and bad documentation do not allow me to give it 5 stars as it is not directed to the average user. No wonder some guys here gave it 1-2 stars that is 'cause they didn't manage to get it working and I don't blame them.

That said I still luv this handy little cam. Well worth the money, depending the use you want it. It can watch a whole room effectively if placed high but remember it has no zoom [UPDATE 28 JAN --> Not seen it myself but one guy that I helped told me that apparently there is an app on the iphone called ipcam which can ZOOM!! That's will be amazing but again I've not seen this with my own eyes]. Impressive infra-red as other people mentioned, I have to admit in pitch black and the image is P E R F E C T!

After 4-5 hours of tinkering I managed to get it going in Wireless Lan Mode and I accessed it successfully over the Internet with my mobile! It is a little gem for 40 you won't find any better. I totally disagree with one guy who says it loses wireless signal, tried it in a home with thick walls to withstand a 6,7 Richter quake and the camera NEVER LOST SIGNAL for over 2 years now!! And that is over 2 floors.

Someone else mentioned that he had to pay DYNDNS in order to access the camera over the Internet. That's absolute rubbish. You can use no-ip to set an account. You don't need DYNDNS.

Overall I'm really happy with my purchase and looking forward to discover more features. I have a 10 page file that I 've tried to upload through the 'video review' link here; but to no avail. Can someone in Amazon help me to upload my word file? It is a handy guide of how to install this camera over WLAN and Internet. I tried through the video section but it rejects it.

My kind regards to everyone,

If anyone wants any help, please feel free to message me here and I 'll give you my email address or alternatively I can install the camera for you remotely over a weekend if you still find it hard! No pro!

And NO! I don't own or have shares in the company;) I have a job thank you! I just do it because I like learning new stuff and helping people :)

El Greco

PS. (update April 2013)

I've noticed that this cam is now advertised by Amazon with a built-in mic and speakers. I had one user asking me on how to setup this but as far as I know
there are NO audio settings at all for this model! Beware then as if you are buying the camera with the intend to use audio! If you know anything more on this or want to share your experience configuring the audio; please post here.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 33 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 21-30 of 712 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on 4 Mar 2012 01:14:40 GMT
DK63 says:
"I am not sure about the two MAC addresses. This is kinda of impossible. All devices have only one and it is not changeable. Legally".
Nope. It is quite legal. The lan side and wifi side are separate, so use different mac addresses. Check on a wifi enabled laptop, you'll see the same thing.
As already stated, I have set the camera up to be viewed over the internet. I can either log in directly via the IP, or I can use an app supplied on the cd which I installed on my phone. Works perfectly so far. I'll try it again tomorrow when I'm away from home. DynDns or No-IP is only needed if your IP is likely to be changed by your ISP. I'm with Virgin Media, and they tend to keep IP's fairly static.

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Mar 2012 01:20:23 GMT

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Mar 2012 01:21:37 GMT
Definition..Notice the 'unique'

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Mar 2012 01:24:05 GMT
El Greco says:
Let me know how it went, if you can access from your work..

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Mar 2012 09:59:34 GMT
DK63 says:
I don't work in an office, I travel to customer premises. But I'll try it while out and about.
As for the 2 previous links, not sure why you posted them? They only confirm what I said, the wifi adapter and lan adapter are separate, hence my problem with connecting.
Thanks.

Posted on 8 Mar 2012 11:47:37 GMT
Just purchased a couple of these cameras and was hoping you could drop me a copy of your notes to minimise any install problem I may have :).

paul__cooper@hotmail.com (2 Under Scores)

Kind Regards

Paul

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Mar 2012 12:52:57 GMT
El Greco says:
That's absolutely no problem, Paul. I 've just helped someone who notified me that the software has slightly changed but most of guide is still valid as the changes are minor..

I'll email u @ my lunchbreak or after i finish work..

Take care

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Mar 2012 16:46:17 BDT
[Deleted by Amazon on 28 Mar 2012 16:55:47 BDT]

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Mar 2012 16:54:05 BDT
Hi Marc,

I can certainly do mate. However you shouldn't trust people off the Internet using your computer!
I am at my job now. As soon as I finish and get back home 8ish, I will sent you the guide.

If you cannot manage to install it on your own; I can do it for you over a weekend.

Take care