4.0 out of 5 stars One handy installation guide, 9 Jan. 2012
This review is from: COOLEAD L610WS P2P Wireless IP camera webcam /Tilt 2-ways Audio Mobile Viewing WEP/WPA/WAP2 wireless Wi-Fi Pan/Tilt internet IP camera day and night vision CCTV security monitor With IR-Cut (Electronics)
No matter how much I would like to give 5 stars for the price and the built quality; but the only 2 minuses (no zoom) and bad documentation do not allow me to give it 5 stars as it is not directed to the average user. No wonder some guys here gave it 1-2 stars that is 'cause they didn't manage to get it working and I don't blame them.

That said I still luv this handy little cam. Well worth the money, depending the use you want it. It can watch a whole room effectively if placed high but remember it has no zoom [UPDATE 28 JAN --> Not seen it myself but one guy that I helped told me that apparently there is an app on the iphone called ipcam which can ZOOM!! That's will be amazing but again I've not seen this with my own eyes]. Impressive infra-red as other people mentioned, I have to admit in pitch black and the image is P E R F E C T!

After 4-5 hours of tinkering I managed to get it going in Wireless Lan Mode and I accessed it successfully over the Internet with my mobile! It is a little gem for £40 you won't find any better. I totally disagree with one guy who says it loses wireless signal, tried it in a home with thick walls to withstand a 6,7 Richter quake and the camera NEVER LOST SIGNAL for over 2 years now!! And that is over 2 floors.

Someone else mentioned that he had to pay DYNDNS in order to access the camera over the Internet. That's absolute rubbish. You can use no-ip to set an account. You don't need DYNDNS.

Overall I'm really happy with my purchase and looking forward to discover more features. I have a 10 page file that I 've tried to upload through the 'video review' link here; but to no avail. Can someone in Amazon help me to upload my word file? It is a handy guide of how to install this camera over WLAN and Internet. I tried through the video section but it rejects it.

My kind regards to everyone,

If anyone wants any help, please feel free to message me here and I 'll give you my email address or alternatively I can install the camera for you remotely over a weekend if you still find it hard! No pro!

And NO! I don't own or have shares in the company;) I have a job thank you! I just do it because I like learning new stuff and helping people :)

El Greco

PS. (update April 2013)

I've noticed that this cam is now advertised by Amazon with a built-in mic and speakers. I had one user asking me on how to setup this but as far as I know
there are NO audio settings at all for this model! Beware then as if you are buying the camera with the intend to use audio! If you know anything more on this or want to share your experience configuring the audio; please post here.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 43 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 11-20 of 762 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on 3 Mar 2012 18:20:00 GMT
DK63 says:
Hello. I have the camera set up on my lan, I can view it on my phone, and I can set it to record to my NAS box. The only thing I can't do is use it wirelessly with an Asus RT-N56U. Any assistance you could provide would be most appreciated.

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Mar 2012 18:32:03 GMT
Hi there,

1st question do you know your router's ip address?

2nd do you know your router's username and password? (this should be admin - admin by default)

If the answer is YES to the two above questions make sure you have no internal firewall setup in your router because from my understanding mate there is something blocking the camera access wirelessly. If it is no, try 192.168.1.1 at your browser it should prompt you for a username and a pass (admin -admin) then let me know and we take it from there.

I have got a guide here as well which I can email you if you wish maybe it would be help you out. So if you want post me an email here.

The other possibility is that you have not setup your camera's wireless settings correctly.

3rd question have you used wireshark when entering a password for your SSID ?

4th(and final question) Do you know how to set up the camera as startic and dynamic (dhcp) ?

Answer to me the above or give me an email and I will be able to help you more.

Cheers,

El Greco

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Mar 2012 19:39:10 GMT
El Greco says:
You might nee to disable router's firewall. I can guide you to do this if u do not know how.

Please make sure also that the URL Filter MAC Filter LAN to WAN Filter are off.

Then try connecting the camera again & let me know.

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Mar 2012 19:43:03 GMT
Last edited by the author on 3 Mar 2012 19:45:18 GMT
El Greco says:
Finally DK63 mate do you know if the camera and your router are on the same subnet?

i.e. 192.168.1.254 and 192.168.1.1 are on the same subnet

but 192.168.1.254 and 192.168.2.1 are NOT

if u do not know how to find any of the above let me know..

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Mar 2012 23:57:40 GMT
1/ Yes.
2/ yes. Changed from default
3/ why would I use Wireshark, whatever that is? I have set my own 16 digit passphrase
4/ the camera set it's own IP while I was setting it up. 192.168.1.126. Seems to be the default, from what I've read.
I'm guessing something is not set right in the settings. Fun bit is working it out.

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Mar 2012 00:00:22 GMT
DK63 says:
I'm not going to disable the router's firewall, the whole point of having a hardware firewall is the extra security it gives. Unless you mean as a temporary measure?
I don't use a URL filter as I'm the only one in the house. Lan mac filter is off as well. I do have a wireless mac filter set but I've added the camera to it already.

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Mar 2012 00:01:41 GMT
DK63 says:
Yes they are, otherwise it wouldn't be working on the lan, as described? fortunately, the camera default IP is on the same subnet as the router, which has simplified things.

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Mar 2012 00:41:32 GMT
Last edited by the author on 4 Mar 2012 00:43:16 GMT
El Greco says:
Yes I meant disabling it as a temp measure and if it works keep it this way until you work something out..

After all for me personally 1 firewall it is enough..If a hacker wants to get in your machine believe me not even 10 firewalls they won't do the trick..

Do not underestimate wireshark.

Me personally I was not able to see my camera wirelessly without it. It has been also mentioned from this user: 'Fleaxagain'
Read his comment about Wireshark.

Basically all that is to it is that this camera won't accept a PSK in english language..

You need to visit that website pop in you ssid and pass and get a long long pass phrase..

This pass phrase you copy-paste into your wireless camera settings instead of typing your key in english..

Well if yous still feel 'threatened' and do not want any of the above the next thing will be to connect it over the Internet instead of w-lan..This requires for you to open a no-ip account (completely free) if you know what to choose;)

Then you get in your router and you set up portforwarding.
At your router settings go Advanced Settings> Virtual Server or alternatively WAN>Virtual Server tab and fill in the
fields there as following..:

SERVICE NAME: whatever you fancy, type smth like 'ipCamera'
PORT-RANGE: -BLANK-
Local Ip: choose the 192.168.1.126 camera's ip
Local Port..: This is 81 by default in your camera (unless you 've changed it manually) so type '81'
Protocol Number..: -BLANK-

Finally click 'add'..congrats you have just set up your router to forward all trafic to your camera..If this does not work then
you must change manually your camera's port to 80 instead of 81..

Hope this makes sense..By the way post an email here where I can sent you my help-guide, may that will help?

This is the alternative solution for you mate.

Hope that helps,

good luck

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Mar 2012 00:47:23 GMT
Last edited by the author on 4 Mar 2012 00:48:37 GMT
DK63 says:
Thanks for the help. I now appear to have everything working, even connecting via wifi. It appears my camera has 2 mac addresses, and I'd added only the lan one. I switched off wifi mac filtering, and bingo, I could connect. When I tried to reactivate mac filtering, my router said one device was connected and did I want to add it. I did, and everything is good. I now have it recording continuously and storing it on a NAS box, and I can access it using my Android phone. Must say, the night view is very impressive as well. Last thing I need to do is decide on the final positioning of the camera.
Thanks again.
p.s. I use an English language PSK with my camera, works perfectly fine?

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Mar 2012 01:02:53 GMT
El Greco says:
Glad I was able to help man.

Concerningn the PSK for me it didn't work as with other user's as well. Because I am helping several people with this camera I have noticed from the conversations that the software release is different in some models.

I am not sure about the two MAC addresses. This is kinda of impossible. All devices have only one and it is not changeable. Legally ;) Something else in your MAC filtering process is not working as intended, but your workaround is great no matter what.

Next step for you is connect the camera over the Internet. Someone here mentioned that you need to pay for that and you need a DynDNS account..That it is NOT true..You can set up a no-ip account for free and then setup your router to forward all your traffic there. So you can access it from your work for example or virtually anywhere in the world from your mobile and an internet connection..

Take care